Abandon software onboard the NVR and use Blue Iris

Cropgun

n3wb
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has any insight into using a Lorex NVR with the Blue Iris software and if there is any conflict. I recently made a thread about the two even working together and I was able to get proof of concept with blue iris. It does work, I can see the cameras in blue iris through the NVR.

Now I am wondering if the two softwares will fight each other for control. The Lorex NVR has built in software to control all the settings for the cameras. If I change the settings for a camera in blue iris will the lorex software attempt to revert it? I haven't gotten that far and am just brainstorming until I have time to play with it again. Eventually I am hoping to just use the lorex NVR as an NVR and thats it.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue iris is not control software, It is a record software. The only control blue iris does is move a PTZ camera. IN BI all the configuration is done directly in the camera. If the cameras are connected to the POE ports on the NVR, you are recording the cameras from the NVR into blue iris.

Cropgun

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris is not control software, It is a record software. The only control blue iris does is move a PTZ camera. IN BI all the configuration is done directly in the camera. If the cameras are connected to the POE ports on the NVR, you are recording the cameras from the NVR into blue iris.
Hey thanks for the reply. Am I mistaken or I thought I've seen people toggling IR lights, two way talk, etc with BI?

And yes for my proof of concept I was reading the cameras while hooked up to the POE ports on the NVR so I put the NVR IP addy into BI and then I was able to get a camera feed that way in BI.