Abnormal shutdown 2xHikvision DS-2DE2C400SCG-E(F1)

Dr.Berciu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new member and I became so frustrated with my issue that I had to write in order to receive some advice.

I bought 2x DS-2DE2C400SCG-E(F1) from a local provider (best in Romania). After I installed them, shortly after, a couple of days, they started to abnormal shutdown (can be seen in logs) and just restarted and kept going, a few times a day, 4-5, every single day.

I will describe what I tried:
1. Changed the power adapter with a 2A and 5A ones, still the same issue.
2. Bought a Unify poe injector (not cheap) and connected them via poe, same issue.
3. Made sure there is no conflict in my network. I even disconnected all router ports, and only the camera's was kept plugged in, same issue.
4. I tried to connect them straight from the outlet and via UPS, same issue.
5. Sent them to the provider. They tested them via POE with a 70 meters ethernet cable, they said no reboots. But I do not know if they kept them only powered on, without a connection to a router.
6. I disconnected them from the router and only kept them plugged to poe injector and outlet, no issue.
7. I used HikConnect and HiLook, same issue.
8. I checked and overchecked MTU, IP, DHCP, UPnP, everything that has to do with the network, no issue found, cameras still reboot.
9. Latest firmware for both of them.
10. Talked with Hikvision, 2 tickets, they ignored me and referred ne to the provider :(
11. I tried both of them without an SD card and with an SD card in them, same issue.

What I tried and worked is connecting both of them to a POE NVR, there were no reboots for an entire week, but I do not have any port available on the NVR, because I use 8 bullet cameras.

The network cable was 25 meters, CCA, straight from the NVR.

Can anyone help me? Any suggestion is welcomed. Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you said "I disconnected them from the router and only kept them plugged to poe injector and outlet, no issue" and "work just fine via a POE NVR" I would now lean towards there is something about your router that is interfering with it.

Have you assigned static IPs to the cams and ensured the MAC addresses are not the same?

Dr.Berciu

n3wb
Reaction score
Since you said "I disconnected them from the router and only kept them plugged to poe injector and outlet, no issue" and "work just fine via a POE NVR" I would now lean towards there is something about your router that is interfering with it.

Have you assigned static IPs to the cams and ensured the MAC addresses are not the same?
Thank you again for your reply.

I checked everything that has to do with the local network. I tried them on another router, on a different connection. I only left the camera plugged in the router, nothing else. I am a Technical Support Level 3 in telecom, so I pretty much checked everything related to this part of the issue.

Could this be related with something from HikConnect? Usually the abnormal shutdown appears when I access it via the app or browser, even if the logs show "local", not "remote".

Thank you for your implication.