Abnormal Shutdown Help

Criley

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Really struggling with my Hikvision set up, i have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P, 4 x Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I 8MP 2.8mm cameras, 1 x Hikvision DS-2CD2085G1-I 2.8mm 8MP camera & a Seagate Surveillance 6TB Hard Drive

I keep experiencing abnormal shut downs, through the night it wont happen, but in the day can range from 4-8 times a hour, i will attach a screenshot of my log for one of the abnormal shutdowns

Would appreciate any help as hit a brick wall with it now

Many Thanks

Chris

1593548285569.png

DOOD

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you recently updated the NVR firmware? There are posts about this elsewhere about abnormal shutdowns after updating to GUI 4 firmware and maybe linked to having some smart events enabled. ---Just noticed one of your tabs, so you may have seen the posts i mean.

Criley

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you recently updated the NVR firmware? There are posts about this elsewhere about abnormal shutdowns after updating to GUI 4 firmware and maybe linked to having some smart events enabled. ---Just noticed one of your tabs, so you may have seen the posts i mean.
No it was a new set up at weekend so firmware is upto date, i have noticed that it doesnt do it over night when night vision enabled and there is less motion? Dont know if this helps. thanks for your help

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. You may find that your firmware is not up to date as it was updated for the I series a couple of days ago. V4.4.010 was the latest - this has been removed from the UK portal and now V4.4.015 has replaced it. I had no issues with mine until I swapped out a camera on an existing link for an 8MP Acusense model and then it started constantly. Tried everything, tested cable, remade connections, factory defaulted, reflashed firmware and reprogrammed with the camera and NVR - still continued. It's stabilised now and I'm wondering if it was something in the 4.4.010 firmware. Strangely with the new firmware you won't get "Abnormal Shutdown" anymore as that event is no longer in the list! There are a lot more exception types that weren't there before so if it goes again it might flag the log with something more specific.

One other thing to check. Play back each camera on the locally connected monitor/TV. I noticed on mine that the motion was causing frame drop and freezing which you could see clearly by just watching the clock.

Criley

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem. You may find that your firmware is not up to date as it was updated for the I series a couple of days ago. V4.4.010 was the latest - this has been removed from the UK portal and now V4.4.015 has replaced it. I had no issues with mine until I swapped out a camera on an existing link for an 8MP Acusense model and then it started constantly. Tried everything, tested cable, remade connections, factory defaulted, reflashed firmware and reprogrammed with the camera and NVR - still continued. It's stabilised now and I'm wondering if it was something in the 4.4.010 firmware. Strangely with the new firmware you won't get "Abnormal Shutdown" anymore as that event is no longer in the list! There are a lot more exception types that weren't there before so if it goes again it might flag the log with something more specific.

One other thing to check. Play back each camera on the locally connected monitor/TV. I noticed on mine that the motion was causing frame drop and freezing which you could see clearly by just watching the clock.
Thank you, will check the playback later on, so did it fix it with the latest firmware update for you? Also how do i get the latest firmware? its really frustrating

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, will check the playback later on, so did it fix it with the latest firmware update for you? Also how do i get the latest firmware? its really frustrating
I can't be sure at this point it's totally resolved. The camera that was causing the issue was first disconnected and reconnected to the NVR directly and I couldn't get it to fault so suspected the link (even though it tested fine) After remaking connections and refitting it went just once more and then within about 5 mins of that shutdown I found the new firmware on the Hikvision UK Portal and installed it immediately.

It hasn't gone since but that one Acusense G2 8MP camera is still not right and is freezing when it detects motion and triggers the event. This is usually caused by a mismatch in normal/event frame rate or by having the pre alarm time set to 5 secs when your also recording 24/7 but I've checked all the relevant settings and everything is fine. There should be no issues with mine as I'm running 9 cams (mainly 4MP) on a 16 camera NVR with 160 meg incoming bandwidth of which I'm only utilising around 30-35 per cent.

Here is the link to the I series NVR firmware page on the UK portal:

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed that I often experience random reboots after a firmware update. It usually lasts a day or two. Today I updated to V4.40.010_200624 and have been getting the “abnormal shutdowns) every 10-15 min. That lasted for about 5 hours until I shut in down completely. I let it sit for a few hours and turned it back on and so far it’s been 2 hours without a reboot. When I shut it off it was light out (daytime mode) but when I turned it back on it was dark and all the cams are in night time mode. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens in the morning when it gets light out.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update:

it ran through the night without any reboots. it lasted until about 10:30am which is about 4 hours into daylight before it rebooted again. now its back to rebooting every 10 min again. I have no idea whats causing it, and I don't seem to have access to V4.40.015 yet. ill try to ask my supplier tomorrow for the file. I install generic Hikvision, equipment, not OEM Branded. I have access to the generic firmware files on a Hikvision ftp server but they haven't dropped .015 on there yet. if anyone has any ideas whats causing it, please share. I don't mind fixing it manually

Criley

n3wb
Reaction score
Eventually got somewhere, i had seen somewhere else altering the frame rate and resolution can make a difference so altered all cameras to 20fps and 5mp resolution and has been fine now for a good few days. Hope this helps others

HbW

n3wb
Reaction score
Eventually got somewhere, i had seen somewhere else altering the frame rate and resolution can make a difference so altered all cameras to 20fps and 5mp resolution and has been fine now for a good few days. Hope this helps others
Did you resolve the issue by reverting the settings. Or was there some other resolution

I too have had recent Abnormal shutdowns after replacing a 6MP turret with an 8MP turret. My HIK supplier's tech support section recommended that I do the following:

H265+ - Off.
just leave it on H264 Encoding
video quality - medium
max bitrate - 10240
So far down grading the settings has had a positive effect - no abnormal shutdowns for about 6 hours since that email came through from the supplier advising of changes to make. I didnt lower the resolution settings though. Will post an update

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try changing the video quality to high and see if it remains stable. That’s the setting that would bug me the most of the 3 you listed. Also, my supplier insists on always performing a factory reset after a FW upgrade. You could try that as well

HbW

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like I have resolved my issue. Downgrading the settings didnt stop the issues. I went to my supplier who referred my issues to HIKVISION.

It seems that when I recently reset the NVR settings, I inadvertently installed an international firmware rather thant the firmware specific to my AUS region. A quick update to correct firmware for my region has resolved the random rebooting issues and I can tweak settings higher now without having to down grade settings to prevent reboots. The strangest thing is that I am 99% certain I didnt re-install international firmware when I did a factory reset so I am unsure how that firmware was installed in my NVR.

So in essence, the wrong firmware for my model was leading to random power down reboots.

Thanks for your assistance and comments. For what it is worth, ensure you have the most up to date and RELEVANT firmware for your model region