Abnormal Shutdowns on Hikvision DS-7208HQHI

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesturday i started my CCTV install using a Hikvision DS-7208HQHI-SH and it was looking good.

the box ran for 36 hours with no troubles. But today i happened to be looking at it thinking about my next move and it reset.. Then minutes later it reset again.

i decided to upgrade the Firmware to 3.1.2 (from 3.1.1) just in case and for a few hours had no further problems.. But this evening it happened again.. And just now, its happened for the 4th time in 8 hours.

looking at the logs, the only event is "Abnormal Shutdown" each time it restarts:

----------------------------
1 2016-4-14 15:58:21
----------------------------
Major Type: Operation
Minor Type: Abnormal Shutdown
Local User: N/A
Host IP Address: N/A
Parameter Type : N/A
Camera No.: N/A

This doesnt bode well, considering its only a few days old.. Anyone know why this is happening?

Jon

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
In 12 hours, i have had 7 abnormal shitdowns so far, so this appears to be something quote serious.

i think i need to speak to Hikvision to get their view as this could be a faulty box, i guess.

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try default the machine, format the HDD, set it up again. Should solve the problem. If it didn't, try figure out if there is IP conflict with anything in your local network.

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
Try default the machine, format the HDD, set it up again. Should solve the problem. If it didn't, try figure out if there is IP conflict with anything in your local network.
Interesting that you think this is a network issue.. Hikvision were a hige help and told e to disable NAT/UPnP.. Did that 12 hours ago and have not had a restart since.

there is no proof its the casue, but i am going to re-enable it again to see if there restarts reoccur.

but it looks like a known bug, which i am surprised Hikvision havnt fixed.

jon

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is not a bug, it is a function that is supposed to help people without a through understanding of portforwarding setup. It is a goodwill turning sour. It will mess up your manual portforwarding setup in your router.

Jweaver

n3wb
Reaction score
I know what NAT/UPnP is and the implcations of using it. But if it causes the box to crash with an "abnormal shutdown" how is that not a bug?

I dont think Hikvision intentionally built in a "feature" that randomly reboots the box to punish people who use it.. Its an obvious "bug"!

Last edited by a moderator: