About DAHUA NVR Attacks

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

These days i get some report from guys about dahua NVR attacked or hacked. This is a threat for the system security, so have to be very careful. As i know this happened mostly for the NVR/old nvr which use the old firmware. I talked with some dahua guys, they told me they find the backdoor and already updated on all NVR and CAMS in time. Here are some main points for caring in the future.

1. Update your NVR or cams every 3-4 months, normally all have new updates during this time, you can watch on dahua official website or ask me to send, China is a poor country, blocked all sharing tools, i may send the FTP to a guy in USA for sharing this.
2. Better not buy can't updated devices, no matter dahua or Hikvision. If you not put them onto internet then not be a big problem. But then some functions you can't use. Anyway, security is why you bought these devices. As Chinese tech still lower than the US ,Canada or some other parts of EU or Australia, so that is why you always found App for Mac computer very poor and sucked, We still have a long way to walk and go on.
3. Use VPN to protect your system well. As i know some guys here use VPN for their system, and this can be very good way. I am not very good at Tech, so big boss here can do some suggestions.
4. Change your password, never use admin admin !! This user ID and PW seems all over the world guy knows that. As i know most Chinese ip cams use this kind of simple password and everyone knows.

I think make a working and safe system is our targets. I am very pleased to do some support here. And appreciated for all the guys working for this forum. Any guys have good way to talk here will be great.

Thanks.

Andy