access actual camera management via DS-7604NI-E1 NVR

Jim Armour

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1 NVR and 4 X 2MP IP Hikvision DS-2CD2122FWD-IS-2 cameras.

The NVR web interface and the actual NVR interface do not give full access to all the camera features. Even the IVMS-4200 software does not give access to all the camera features. Is there a way to access the actual camera web interface directly via the NVR. I don't want to spend money on a POE injector and connect the cameras to my internal network one at a time just to achieve this. It looks like you can disable the IR as well as the day/night mode with the camera interface directly but not by any of the NVR interfaces.

Before I have to commit to buying a poe switch or injector I wanted to see if there was an easier way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Other > Enable Virtual Host

The go to System > Camera Management and you will have links next to the cameras to access the cameras web interface

Jim Armour

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Carcus. I had a response from another post earlier that suggested the same thing. Oddly enough that option was not available in my version of the firmware. The person that also suggested the virtual host was from Australia. The US and Canada Hikvision sites actually have older versions of the firmware than Australia. I downloaded a firmware version from the Aussie site and the new web interface was much more robust. FWIW the manual on the Aussie site was also more comprehensive than the manual on the Canada site. It solved my issue. Thanks for the response.