access camera

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can someone tell me how to access camera assigned a 10.x.xx IP address from a crashed nvr. I need to access to retrieve lpr settings prior to factory reset required by new switch to recognize for Blue Iris. Blue Iris is a big elephant one bite at a time

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Connect the camera to a POE switch or POE injector and then connect it to a computer and change the IP address of the computer to something on the 10.x.x.x IP address, but make the last .x something high like 250 so that it doesn't interfere with a camera.

Here is my standard, but change 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x

1672172379176.png

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Or, rather than changing the IP address of your computer on the IPV4 page, you can also click on the Advanced tab there and add an IP for your computer with the 10.x.x.x range as that way you have access to both.

That's how I have my personal computer set up to access multiple IP ranges.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
witty and ssayar you guys rock. I am so thankful I was able to connect via your instructions. it may seem trivial to most but I struggle with computers so for me to accomplish this was really cool. it did take several tries but I stuck with it

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Connect the camera to a POE switch or POE injector and then connect it to a computer and change the IP address of the computer to something on the 10.x.x.x IP address, but make the last .x something high like 250 so that it doesn't interfere with a camera.

Here is my standard, but change 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x

View attachment 149279
quick follow up question once in my camera settings is it best to go to camera network settings /tcp/ip and assign a new ip in the 192.168.1.xxx range before logging out. would this stop me from forcing a reset and loosing the current settings when going over to blue iris