Access Dahua NVR Private LAN for Blue Iris?

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm currently using a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 with 8 cameras. The Dahua by default gives the cameras a 10.1.1.x subnet. I'm using pfsense for a router. I'd really like to try out Blue Iris, but don't have a POE switch, and am unable to access these cameras that are using the NVR on the house LAN. Is there any trickery that can be done to get around this? I tried changing the NVR to use the same subnet as the house LAN, but it doesn't allow it saying "Switch and the device shall not in the same network segment".

I'd prefer not having to buy an extra POE switch if there is a way around this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Cant help y0u with the networking trick, but you do know you can access the cameras via the web interface of the NVR right?

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cant help y0u with the networking trick, but you do know you can access the cameras via the web interface of the NVR right?
Yea, i have no issues with accessing the cameras through the NVR at all. I was hoping i could access them from my PC using Blue Iris at the same time so i could test Blue Iris out and decide if I want to switch or not. There doesn't seem to be a way (that i know of) that you can do this. Unless i purchase a new POE switch, and physically move the cameras off the NVR and onto the new switch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats my understanding.

Not a networking guy, but if I recall (I have two 4208 8P PoE NVR's), I hooked my laptop onto a port on the NVR and was able to access the cameras directly. The NVR assigned an IP for the laptop same as the cameras subnet...?

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats my understanding.

Not a networking guy, but if I recall (I have two 4208 8P PoE NVR's), I hooked my laptop onto a port on the NVR and was able to access the cameras directly. The NVR assigned an IP for the laptop same as the cameras subnet...?
Yea, i may go that route instead for now. Would be a lot cheaper :)

jpapanas22

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar question recently... see this thread - it may help:
How do you access all cameras on an NVR in BlueIris?

In summary, get the IP address of your NVR, use that in the address field when adding a camera on the ‘Network IP camera configuration’ page and change the ‘Camera’ number field for each camera that you want to add that is connected to the NVR. You may also have to change the Video Path too, like I did, if Blue Iris doesn’t do it for you.

merkaba

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a similar question recently... see this thread - it may help:
How do you access all cameras on an NVR in BlueIris?

In summary, get the IP address of your NVR, use that in the address field when adding a camera on the ‘Network IP camera configuration’ page and change the ‘Camera’ number field for each camera that you want to add that is connected to the NVR. You may also have to change the Video Path too, like I did, if Blue Iris doesn’t do it for you.
Thanks! I will check this out for next time. I already connected my 2nd NIC to the NVR and was able to get it all up and working that way. So far so good..