Access IP CAM from NVR

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Dahua DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E NVR. I cannot access the config of any Dahua IP CAM connected to physical Port 1 of the NVR. I move the same IP CAM to another port and it works fine. On Port 1, when I click on the blue IE sign, new tab on the browser is opened with the URL - . I have noticed that for other ports, when I click on this blue IE sign the URL is . Any idea why this is different compared to port 1? The other difference I've noticed is that on the NVR Camera List tab where I can see all CAMs, the port for CAM on physical port 1 says 3777 while other ports are actual physical port numbers. Please see attached image regarding this.

Attachments

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the 16 port version of the NVR and have the same issue on a number of ports. Andy suggested a factory reset of the NVR but haven't tried it yet as everything is working ok.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That port 37777 is the problem. Usually you see this when you manually added the camera instead of letting the NVR recognize and add it itself. Try deleting the camera from that screen, unolug it from the NVR, plug back in, and wait... wait.. an see if it doesnt add it to the bottom pane by itself

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 16 port version of the NVR and have the same issue on a number of ports. Andy suggested a factory reset of the NVR but haven't tried it yet as everything is working ok.
Thanks, I'll try this. Having an 8 port NVR sort of limits me on the number PoE ports I have. Will try a factory reset of the NVR.

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
That port 37777 is the problem. Usually you see this when you manually added the camera instead of letting the NVR recognize and add it itself. Try deleting the camera from that screen, unolug it from the NVR, plug back in, and wait... wait.. an see if it doesnt add it to the bottom pane by itself
Thanks, but I've tried this a number of times without any luck. Used the same method I use on other ports, that is auto detect by clicking on the Search Device button and just clicking on the Add button once it finds the CAM. Works perfectly on other ports but not Port 1 :(

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My experience is that last step, using the Add button often creates the problem. If you wait and hit “Refresh” at the very bottom, in time it typically adds the camera to the lower pane by itself and assigns the correct port. ie 1,2,3 etc

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also I just noticed. You have the same IP, 10.1.1.66 added twice. Once with the correct port and once with port 37777

So something is amiss and it’s not likely the NVR

Are you by chance trying to run two cameras off the same port ?

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
My experience is that last step, using the Add button often creates the problem. If you wait and hit “Refresh” at the very bottom, in time it typically adds the camera to the lower pane by itself and assigns the correct port. ie 1,2,3 etc
Thanks a lot @bigredfish . That fixed it. I never knew the cameras would automatically get added if I leave them alone :D Learnt something new!
Cheers!