Accessing camera web interface through NVR web interface - not working.

Lexicon44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can weigh in with some advice. I tried searching and wasn't able to find an answer.

NVR: DHI-NVR5216-16P-4KS2E

Cams: IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

My router's IP is 192.168.1.1. The NVR is plugged into the router and has an IP of 192.168.1.108.

When I connect the cameras to the NVR, the switch in the NVR assigns them IPs like 10.1.1.65, 10.1.1.66 etc. It also shows the same port 37777 for all cameras.

There is an internet explorer icon "web browse" in the setup / registration page of the NVR web interface that I read should open a new tab and forward to the camera web interface.

It should open a new page that's something like 192.168.1.108:10081. Instead, it just opens a new tab with the IP 10.1.1.65, and I can't access the camera interface.

I initialized the NVR through the web interface, but didn't log into the cameras to initialize, just plugged them right into the NVR. Is that the problem? They are showing video in the NVR, it's just that I can't log into the cameras using the links in the NVR to adjust settings like focal length etc.

What am I doing wrong? Apparently this should work like hikvision's virtual host feature?

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 12.05.30 PM.png

Last edited:

Lexicon44

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I may have solved this by accident.

I was using the device search button to find the cameras and then using the add button to add them to the added device section.

I found that if I delete the camera from added devices, I can then just wait, or click device search and wait. If I don't click the add button, the camera automatically appears in added devices, this time with a port other than 37777. I can then use the web browse internet explorer icons to log into the camera web interface.

The button loads a new tab with an address like 192.168.1.108:10080 or 192.168.1.108:10081, allowing access to the cam interface directly.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I found that the hard way also. If you see port 37777 it wont work. If it assigns ports by itself it will use 1,2,3 etc then all is good.

regpage.jpg

martufello

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have the same problem and can't solve it.
IPCameras are added with port 37777 and I can't access their web page.
Furthermore, no IPCameras appears in the PoE section. I try to delete and wait for automatics adding without success.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for help!

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The above information is correct, the cams only work correctly when the port comes up as port 1, port2 ect.. The trick is you have to manually change the ip address of the cam and then connect it to the nvr. If you disconnect a cam, delete the entry and then re-connect the cam, the nvr seems to remember the cam and sticks it back on port 37777. I use a laptop and a small poe switch and do a complete reset of the cam. Then connect it to the nvr and wait, wait, wait. Finally the nvr will ask if you want to delete the previous cam information and then it connects properly to port x. Good Luck.