Accessing cameras on the NVR from main network

sackboydad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I hope someone can help me. I just bought a Dahua N52B3P NVR. I've got 6 Lorex LNB8105X (really crippled Dahua with any IVS features deleted) cameras. Three of these are hooked directly to the NVR PoE, and three are connected to my main 192.168.1.x network. Essentially, I bought a Lorex basic NVR system with these cameras a year ago and decided I wanted a better NVR with more features. The cameras work great with the new Dahua.

However, the cameras have a IR detection feature that gets them to turn a deterrence light on when a warm body gets near it. Perfect for a back yard. the Lorex NVRs can turn this feature on and off for the cameras via the Lorex NVR. However, the Dahua doesn't let me access these features. But, I can just log into the cameras themselves and turn the feature on. In fact, I can get the Dahua to record a log entry by setting the IPC External Alarm. When the light goes off, a log entry gets recorded.

But I digress.... :). In a nutshell, the three Lorex Cameras that are NOT connected to the PoE switch on the NVR are easy to log in and change, but the three cameras that ARE on the PoE switch on the Dahua NVR, I can't get to because the NVR is on a 10.1.1.x private network. So I can't log into the cameras to turn on the deterrence features.

Is there a way I can tell the Dahua NVR I want to be able to reach to it from the main network of 192.168.1.x?

Clearly, I am not a network designer. Is there something I can do to bridge these two networks so I can log into a 10.1.1.x camera connected to the NVR from my 192.168.1.x network?

Thank you for any help!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a measure just to get to and configure the cameras on the POE port try this:
  • Give your PC a static IP in the 10.1.1.x subnet like the NVR's internal server for the POE; insure that IP is not already assigned/used.
  • Plug the PC into one of the POE ports on the NVR, open a browser on the PC, put in the cam's IP to open it's webGUI.
  • Configure the cam(s), when done, unplug the PC from the NVR's POE port and put the PC's IP back where it was or with DHCP on.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua has an equivalent to the Hikvision 'virtual host' facility for web GUI access to the cameras on NVR PoE ports.
Look for the IE icon in the camera configuration page of the NVR web GUI.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua has an equivalent to the Hikvision 'virtual host' facility for web GUI access to the cameras on NVR PoE ports.
Look for the IE icon in the camera configuration page of the NVR web GUI.
^^^ this. Be sure to use IE and not Edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sackboydad

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Found the "ie" icon on registration. Unless I need to see the video, it'll work with safari on a Mac just fine for making settings.

I don't suppose anyone knows if there is a way for the Dahua NVR to be able to see the IR and detection events from the Lorex (again Dahua but with IVR removed) cameras? I've scoured everywhere in the menus but noting jumps out at me. If not, the benefits of having an NVR that can be greatly expanded in the future outweigh not having these couple of nice basic features.

If you have the (rather limited functionality) Lorex NVR with these cameras, it will throw an alarm for not only an IR detection event, but throw if it detects a human being or a vehicle. Sounds like a camera with IVR but whatever Lorex/Dahua did to those cameras the more advanced Dahua NVR doesn't see any of those features in the extensive list of "IVR" capabilities.