Accessing dahua cam with Apple computer

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set up a dahua system for a family member with a dahua nvr with built in Poe. All the cams are connected to the nvr. They have an apple computer with idmss that works fine and I was able to port forward via ddns for remote viewing.
I can't log into the individual cameras or the nvr with the safari browser by typing in the IPs. I need to get into them to setup motion detect settings. Any ideas? I'm not Apple savvy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it has built in PoE you cannot access the individual cameras, with any OS.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I set up the motion detect? I got all the settings correct in the nvr, but only two of the cams will trigger the md. I have the yellow bar and the yellow box checked, enabled scheduled md on all channels. If I turn on the general record, it will record on every channel, but when I put it back to md, only 2 work.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the ports on the back of the NVR are on another subnet thats not routed, you can plug into the back of the NVR w/a laptop/pc and get on the same network as the individual cameras.

Have you tried using SmartPSS? What cameras and NVR are you using?

Might need to reset it to defaults, mine had a problem where it stopped doing MD recording after a reboot.. turned out a reset to default fixed it, must have messed the config up somehow playing with shit.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a 4208 nvr, 6 4300c cams and 2 4300RZ cams. The Apple has smartPSS on it, and I tried setting up the md on it as well as directly at the nvr. I'll try resetting everything.