Accident 11-2-2020

Reaction score
Remember to always check for the car in front of you when turning on a red light. A car hit me today because he thought i had taken off from the red light while turning on Red. I always tell people do not start looking to make your turn until the guy in front of you has already taken off. Drive safe everyone. It was minimal damage to the bumper on my Rav4, i got his insurance information.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry to hear (see) that. Your dash cams are pretty decent. Didn't you just get hit last month?
Hope you're okay. Hopefully no delayed injuries.
That looks like a pretty difficult right on red turn with traffic moving pretty fast. Too bad there isn't a yield lane available.
Not sure you noticed, but that driver was toking on something at 20sec into the video. Exhales out the open window. Seems like a young impatient driver.
At least he had insurance coverage. Small consolation. Good luck getting that settled out.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Takes a long to yield on that road, why isn't there a separate merge lane? :confused:
Patience is a virtue
They should have front license plates

Reaction score
Ha no injuries, just his pride. And yes i did notice him smoking what was a vape cigarette. After watching this video he was very impatient as most drivers are. He tried to tell me i should have just gone already. I should not move forward and then stop. I said i moved forward because i was waiting for the car in front of me to go, and then i had to check the traffic to make sure it was clear for me to go. All he had to do was just watch me before he began to look for his turn to go.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear (see) that. Your dash cams are pretty decent. Didn't you just get hit last month?
Hope you're okay. Hopefully no delayed injuries.
That looks like a pretty difficult right on red turn with traffic moving pretty fast. Too bad there isn't a yield lane available.
Not sure you noticed, but that driver was toking on something at 20sec into the video. Exhales out the open window. Seems like a young impatient driver.
At least he had insurance coverage. Small consolation. Good luck getting that settled out.
All is good, and yes he was vaping, and impatient. There was no merging lane at this intersection, and the traffic was moving fast. I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For him, it's back to Driving Basics 101: do NOT be driving (allowing vehicle to move) while your head is cocked 90 degrees, looking elsewhere (not watching where you're going).

FWIW, that's not a "right on red" situation, that turn is not under control of any traffic signal that I can see nor do I see any signage for that movement. It really should have, at the very least, a Yield sign.

Also, the pedestrian crosswalk that crosses that "free running right turn" is not controlled by a pedestrian signal as are the rest of the intersection crosswalks are (that I can see). If it were, then there would be a right light and a NO TURN ON RED sign to protect the pedestrian crossing there when given a WALK (white walking man) signal.

Glad you're OK, thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Update, his insurance contacted me and i told them i wasn't driving it was my girlfriend and i am calling for her because she is a nurse and is unreachable due to working with covid patients. They said "well we need her to call and give a statement" I said well could you give me information about sending in the dashcam evidence and that would be her statement. They said we have to get her statement and then we will give her an email to submit the video. Two hours later my girlfriend was able to call and she said they told her to take the car (SUV) to whatever place she wanted to have the repair and to get a rental car and they will cover everything. She said they did not even ask her for a statement nor did they want to see the dashcam. I don't know if my telling them earlier that we have dashcam video changed their mind on her needing to give a statement or if the guy just said it's my fault and that settled it. We will never know, but at least they are going take care of it. Well at least right know they are, we will see what they say after their adjuster looks at it.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad to hear his insurance is taking responsibility.

Same thing happened to me before. Only thing was it was one of my best friends following behind me. LOL. I just let it go because he was a good friend.

Staff Curtis

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ran into the back of somebody the EXACT same way. Damage was much worse since I was driving an SUV and she had a Honda. Ruins your day that's for sure!

Reaction score
I ran into the back of somebody the EXACT same way. Damage was much worse since I was driving an SUV and she had a Honda. Ruins your day that's for sure!
Sorry to hear about that man, hard lesson to learn. But at least you know now to just watch that person in front until they leave, then start looking for your chance.