Accidently updated chinese DS-2CD2032 to EN 5.4.0

codeworkx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I've accidently updated my DS-2CD2032 with english 5.4.0 version via webinterface.
After that i realized that it was an hacked chinese one.

Device refuses to boot and it doesn't want to load any other firmware except chinese 5.4.0 via TFTP.
Trying to reload english 5.4.0 via TFTP results in language missmatch and i'm not able to find chinese 5.4.0 on the web.
I'm able to get on the serial console if that's helpful.

Thanks for help!

Last edited:

codeworkx

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks but the camera doesn't allow flashing firmwares below 5.4.0 anymore.
That's the bad thing about 5.4.0 firmwares.

With a chinese 5.4.0 firmware i could get it working again with chinese menus. Better than nothing.
Or take some older firmware and change the version code to 5.4.0 so that the camera accepts it. Dunno if that will work, but worth a try.

codeworkx

n3wb
Reaction score
Think it's dead now.

Get ptb failed.
HAL is not present in system!​

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a vague recollection that's a consequence of the 'anti-rollback' 'feature' of the 5.4.0 firmware when a downgrade is attempted.
ptb is the device tree block that defines the hardware environment so that Linux knows how to address things and what drivers to load.
But probably not the simplest of things to recover from ... though I've done that with a lateral sneaky amboot method on a Huisun Mini PTZ V2.
Though a certain member who has not been on here for ages did post about how the 5.4.0 anti-rollback flag was done and how to switch it off. But I don't recall the details.

With a chinese 5.4.0 firmware i could get it working again with chinese menus.
If it still works with your NVR, the 'batch update tool' works in EN with CN cameras and can configure all the camera detail items.