Acti Camera

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,
In my club, I used to have these until my Averdigi Recorder broke.

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/142/acti_acm7411_megapixel_vr_outdoor_ip_dome_camera.pdf

Back then, they had a fantastic image quality.
I have two questions one of which I think I know the answer as they are not ONVIF.

a) How do these stack up against modern cameras of say 2MP?

b) Are they ready for the bin, I doubt they work on BI do they?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
According to ONVIF's official directory Conformant Products - ONVIF that model is not.

That camera is roughly 7 years old so modern cameras will be better in a number of ways: integrated IR + better low light sensitivity, higher frame rate, more efficient codec / less bandwidth consumption, better WDR performance, etc.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks John,

What would you suggest I do with them?

I don't have a dvr they work on and don't plan on buying one but they cost me a lot of cash back then. It hurts dumping them.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris works with anything that doesn't go out of its way to be proprietary. BI has a free trial period you can use to try.
Thanks BP, I'll try it. I'm currently constructing a BI optiplex. It'd be nice if I could salvage free additional cameras out of that old setup. They were great but went black n white too early.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still waiting for my BI system so after a little more research I found the following. Acti has a link to 3rd party software.

Using the link, I found Acti provides a link to show which cameras work on who's 3rd party software and my Acti-7411 results are shown in the picture.

I cannot see Blue Iris mentioned but without having my BI pc setup to test yet, does anyone have any further insight to if this will mean BI may run my Acti-7411 Cameras please?

Acti 3rd Party Software Validator.jpg

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Acti 7411 supports RTSP so it should not be a problem getting it to work in Blue Iris.

There are 6 Acti options in Blue Iris. I'd try the "RTSP" model first and if that doesn't work then add the camera as a generic RTSP/H.264 stream using the path "/stream1".

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you very much bp, I really look forward to having a go at this and BI