ACTI E77 10 MP Dome Available in Canada

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
$275 ACTI E77 10 MP Dome Available in Canada

I have a brand new never opened ACTI E77. I'm located in Canada where they are a lot more expensive and a little harder to get. I just have too many of them. Its available for $275 CDN plus shipping or pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a brand new never opened ACTI E77. I'm located in Canada where they are a little more expensive and a little harder to get. I just have too many of them. Its available for $300 CDN plus shipping or pickup.
No screen shots or anything? That seems ridiculously cheap for 10mp, what's the catch. :)

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
The E77 had an introductory price which I believe ends this month. I bought at the introductory price and moving it at my cost. I'd be happy to sell it for more if you like :).

I haven't been able to figure out how to attach the image. It doesn't give me a browse to get images off the computer. I think its an IE issue. I will try and add some later off chrome. I will try and post an image from my opened E77 if that helps.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The E77 had an introductory price which I believe ends this month. I bought at the introductory price and moving it at my cost. I'd be happy to sell it for more if you like :).

I haven't been able to figure out how to attach the image. It doesn't give me a browse to get images off the computer. I think its an IE issue. I will try and add some later off chrome. I will try and post an image from my opened E77 if that helps.

Well I mean, I think most people like to see sample screen shots from a camera before they buy it that's all. Someone was talkin about a 5mp cam not long ago and even though it was 5mp, the images were not really worth it. More mp does not necessarily mean better image, especially for the CPU usage and storage it will need.

Roojava

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a brand new never opened ACTI E77. I'm located in Canada where they are a lot more expensive and a little harder to get. I just have too many of them. Its available for $275 CDN plus shipping or pickup.
I need it and where can I buy more in canada.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
ACTI E77 isn't a good camera. I have two of them, and both have image quality comparable to my several-years-old 5MP cams from china. Certainly they are not what 10MP should look like.

To make things worse the one I have in the front yard is always blurry at long distances despite having RMA'd it once where they claimed to have fixed it.

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one installed in my backyard. The daytime image is good but I would caution it is not designed to see images that are further away regardless of it being 10MP. I have some Hik as well. It has 10MP but it is spread out on a 100+ degree radius. While I can see cars driving by 120 ft plus away and can make out color and model, it really isn't designed for that purpose. I've determined its good for monitoring a wider view but shorter distance and works well. 40 ft or less. I made the mistake thinking it would be good for all instances which is why I have an extra one where I've gone to a 6mm instead. Front door or walk way works well or covering a larger area. Definitely not a replacement for zoom. But the other thing is the price point. For the right price its a decent camera given it has built in SD, audio, and alarm inputs.

Roojava

n3wb
Reaction score
Great feedback. I was looking at hikvision but I'm hesitant to buy from China Incase I get a replica.
Where can find something in canada

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ACTI E77 isn't a good camera. I have two of them, and both have image quality comparable to my several-years-old 5MP cams from china. Certainly they are not what 10MP should look like.

To make things worse the one I have in the front yard is always blurry at long distances despite having RMA'd it once where they claimed to have fixed it.
I had the same impression looking at the image comparisons at networkcameracritic. I thought the images looked terrible during the day; literally worse than the hikvision 3 MP images.