activate Hikvision DS-2CD6924F-IS

simonef

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just bought the Panovu camera DS-2CD6924F-IS hikvision.
I connected the camera to the computer (iMac) through an hikvisiion switch. I am trying to activate the camera.
1) via BROWSER. I typed the address 192.168.1.64 on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It did not work. I added IE TAB on chrome but it still does not work.
2) via SAPDtool. I have 0 devices, it seems it did not find the camera.
3) via iVMS-4200. I see the device in the "show online deviced" tab, I pressed "activate" and I inserted the psw. Unfortunately, I have received back the message "192.168.1.64 Operating failed!(0)". I added the camera in the device managment list and net status is error code 7 (connection failed). I attached it.

What am I suppose to do?

Thank you in advance!

SF

Attachments

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Simonef, firstly use new SADP ( link ). Check IP address of your computer, is it in the same range like your camera?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What am I suppose to do?
Normally SADP is the easiest and quickest method of finding the camera, activating it, and setting the required IP address.
But it's mostly developed for use on a PC. I think the Mac version is more basic.

Maybe check if the Mac version you are using matches this :

via BROWSER. I typed the address 192.168.1.64 on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It did not work.
That's unusual too.
Is the Mac connected via WiFi?
If so - do you have the facility on it to use a wired connection?

simonef

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much!! I am now connected via cable and it works.

one more problem (hope this is the last one..): I have no videos, the system said "no plug in". I attach a couple of screenshots.

Do I have to download something?

thanks a lot

SF

Attachments