Activate recording when leaving house?

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would like to know if it's possible to activate recording for an indoor 2432 hikvision cam when I leave the house. Same as when I come back into the house I would like for it to stop recording. Is it possible?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you have an alarm system you can program the alarm to trigger that cam to record when you arm the system, as it has alarm inputs.

you'd need to set it up to change an output state on armed/disarmed, then likely wire a EOL resistor inline going to the alarm input on the Hik, lastly setup a recording profile to record while the alarm input is triggered.

otherwise you can wire a switch up to those inputs you toggle manually.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
If using BlueIris, you can set up 'geo-fencing'. it uses the phone app to tell the server when you're home (based on the phone's GPS)
and that can toggle recording profiles to achieve an automated armed/disarmed type setup...

but without that, you'll need to do as @nayr suggests and wire something up to your cam's alarm input
(you'll have to provide voltage, not just contact closure)
and set up a 24hr schedule for 'Motion & Alarm' in the hik UI. when you leave the house, you flip the switch to set the alrm on,
then the cam records on motion util you flip the switch off again...

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there are 3rd party apps for GeoFencing, I use one called egiGeoZone on android.. it can make http url requests on entry/exit of a geofence.

Go find the Hikvision API Document, dig through it and see if you can figure out a URL request to send to start/stop recording.. if you can, just put those in as commands to issue and setup the geofence small enough your still on your local wifi when you exit it.

You could also setup RFID Token at your door instead of geofence, setup your android (iphones dont do nfc) to call the url to start/stop recording when you tap your phone against the NFC sticker you put on your door.

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How would I set up the nfc sticker to start/end record? Im not too tech savy

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
having to swipe your nfc-enabled device over a 'reader' of some sort is the same effect as having a hardwired switch into the cams alarm input (ie, you gotta remember to do it), and the latter is probably a lot simpler to implement for the less tech-savvy...

Jramosent

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get the nfc portion which I can have right by the door after I come inside the house. My question is how how to tell the camera to stop the recording. Where do I start?