Active Deterrent Audio Linkage Period

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have setup an IVS rule for Human triggering which seems to work well. However I'm confused by the Period setting for audio & warning light linkage. In the GUI you have a period setting under warning light linkage - see attached. Is this supposed to control the linkage period for just the warning light or both warning light and audio? It appears to only control warning light linkage.
Audio Linkage.png

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So according to my testing the setting period above does not control audio linkage. The audio linkage is broadcast all the time IVS is triggered so must be tied to the period of setting for IVS detection period. This seems wrong as if there's a setting for warning light linkage then this should also affect audio linkage.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour or have I set something up incorrectly. Ideally I don't want audio linkage during daylight just like I've set warning light linkage. However I still want push notifications of all IVS triggering day or night.

Any help appreciated.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It appears either nobody uses this or doesn't know the answer.

The only way I've found to delink audio for specific periods is to setup two, or more, IVS rules with different periods set for activation on each and link audio and/or light to the ones you want. Seems to defeat the purpose of having a separate period setting for the warning light and not have the same for audio.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Just unchecked the audio linkage box in my active deterrent camera and it works fine without the audio. light only.

noaudio.PNG

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that's correct but not what I was trying to describe. I'm talking about the period option below Warning Light linkage. If you select BOTH audio and light then the period setting only applies to the light and doesn't affect the audio. I was trying to have a single IVS rule for intrusion with BOTH audio and light linked and active but the light & audio only activating during certain hours. I assumed the period setting below warning light was for both the audio and light, it appears not.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya sry I don't use that setting. I just created 2 rules for day time/night time. works for me.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that's the only way I've found to do it. Thanks for confirming what I thought. :)