Acu Sence DS-7716NXI-I4/4S NVR

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have on my hands an Easy Ip 4.0 Series AcuSence NVR.
I am trying to test its capabilities with 2 simple (no AcuSence) ip cams.

First cam is a new non POE, no smart event (only motion) DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1, connected by wire (WiFi disabled).
Second is an older POE (not used for now), smart event (line crossing-intrusion) DS-2CD2020F-I.

Lets talk about the first cam.
Camera supports 2 motion detection configuration, Normal and Expert.
Normal is the motion detection we all know, with squares area and sensitivity settings only.
On Expert you can set a 4 side polygon area (no squares) and have both sensitivity and percentage settings for day and night separately.
Problem is, that second option is not presented neither on NVR menu or the NVR web interface and you cannot set it through it .NVR "tiks" Normal motion detection, without showing any motion area or/and the arming schedule enabled.

You can get smart event for that cam from NVR. You can see how it works at Hikvision Europe video.

At NVR menu, under Smart Event menu we enable Smart Analysis (video 1:08). Then after we enable line or Intrusion, we pick Human as target classification (video 1:50).

Problem is that I am confused and let me explain the reasons.

1. Cat crossing, enables video recording, and target picture (all files) but no video at smart search human body detection and no event at the playback timeline (red color).
2.Human getting out of the front door (camera looks at his back), enables video recording with no event at the time line, no notification pushed, no video under smart search (human body detection), and at all files, 1 picture under false alarm plus 2 pictures under all (can't find them anywhere else at the 26 categories which all includes).
3. My dog which have (thanks God) all her legs, and has no wheels, found with 1 picture under all files -> vehicle!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to say that set up is Intrusion detection.

What am I doing wrong?

Extra question. At NVR UI System->Smart event->Intrusion->Linkage Action->Trigger Chanel, shows D1 and D2, for 2 cameras I suppose. Can anyone explain what this does?

Sorry for my English and the long post.