Acusense DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL (Turret Camera) - Initial Impressions

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll update that and see how I go
Firmware updated OK, however quality is much the same. Looks like I'll have to live with it, which is a shame because I was hopeful I could use it as an intercom at the front door

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Firmware updated OK, however quality is much the same. Looks like I'll have to live with it, which is a shame because I was hopeful I could use it as an intercom at the front door
One of mine was playing up a bit when I first got it. The speaker was garbled and illegible. There was no obvious reason for it. I logged in to the camera changed the audio I from mic to line in, saved it, then reversed back to how it should be and saved it again. After that it sorted itself out and I found it strange that messing with the audio input had solved an issue with the audio output.

For the first time the other day while out walking, the posty arrived with a parcel. I got the Hik Connect notification for a line crossing, hit view live, activated the 2 way audio and told home where to leave it - no issues. As you're using Blue Iris as opposed to an NVR, do you get any options when selecting the 2 way audio function in Hik Connect? I get the option to route the audio from the NVR or the IP camera - obviously I select the IP camera. My audio settings are below - you only get settings for the audio in:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 13.52.12.png

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The speaker was garbled and illegible
Thanks again - I'l try again tomorrow with the info you've provided above......I've packed the camera/cable away for the night and got distracted by other things - ended up purchasing a DS-2CD2087G2-LU to replace another old HIk camera :)

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I logged in to the camera changed the audio I from mic to line in, saved it, then reversed back to how it should be and saved it again.
I tried this but no such luck I'm afraid. I've installed the camera outside near the door and I'll see how it goes once I get my first visitor!

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a solution to the fragmenting / tearing / pixilation issues. I was sent a test camera and I am having the same issues.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope H264 started the bitrate off at 8192 then at 12288. Im testing it now at 16384 see if the problem still persists

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope H264 started the bitrate off at 8192 then at 12288. Im testing it now at 16384 see if the problem still persists
What FPS are you running it at as 8192 seems low for H264? I have mine at 8192 on H265 at 20 FPS

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
20fps. Should I try H265 or H265+? Im still having the same issues at 16384 bitrate. Oddly enough the issues arent really apparent while viewing the video on my NVR (they are still there but not nearly as bad) but as I view it on my laptop the issues become much more apparent.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
12288 is the recommended but that would be at medium quality and they recommend adding 20 - 30 pc for complex scenes. I've a tendency to set mine at higher quality and add about 40 pc to the what's recommended on the document.

I have seen that tearing but only with H265+. Do you have any other settings cranked up such as WDR?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but as I view it on my laptop the issues become much more apparent.
Could this more be an issue with the laptop decoding it the stream then. I occasionally get green colour blocks and partial frames when viewing via an app and assume it's down to the mobile device rather than the camera. I'd be inclined to live view or view recording via the NVR monitor output to see what you get.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
WDR is off. I was also thinking it might be a encoding issue too on the laptop but haven't ran into this problem with other 8k cams yet

Madgame87

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews. I'm looking to purchase a set of these cameras.

Are they relatively easy to use with the App? I won't be using BI, rather the NVR. The wife liked this model due to the siren and strobe light functionality.

Can you choose to speak directly when a trigger has occurred, rather than a pre-selected audio clip?

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews. I'm looking to purchase a set of these cameras.

Are they relatively easy to use with the App? I won't be using BI, rather the NVR. The wife liked this model due to the siren and strobe light functionality.

Can you choose to speak directly when a trigger has occurred, rather than a pre-selected audio clip?
Yes you can use 2 way audio through the Hik Connect phone app. When the push notification appears on Hik Connect - Click live view > start 2 way audio icon (then click IP camera as the source). I have one next to the front door with a line crossing alert set up there.

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update on the issues I was having with getting the 2-way audio working properly. I changed the video encoding from H.265 to H.264 and it works perfectly through the Hik Connect App now, however not the BI app....although now the audio from the camera is fine in the BI app, but the microphone doesn't work - I can live with that!

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an update on the issues I was having with getting the 2-way audio working properly. I changed the video encoding from H.265 to H.264 and it works perfectly through the Hik Connect App now, however not the BI app....although now the audio from the camera is fine in the BI app, but the microphone doesn't work - I can live with that!
You shouldn't have to live with that! As you're finding out Hikvision cameras do have a lot of quirks

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New firmware for the G3 Series (2CD23x6G2) cams hit the Hikvision download portal today.

Link here: IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.160_210209.zip

Currently downloading and will install as soon as possible. Hopefully fixes the persistent issue I have with the motion detection polygon becoming corrupt every time I reboot my NVR. Having said that, my supplier insisted that Hikvision was not aware of the problem outside myself.

No release notes as yet. Will feedback my experience good or bad in a couple of days.

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a solution to the fragmenting / tearing / pixilation issues. I was sent a test camera and I am having the same issues.
I had this problem (ie. moving images tearing, freezing and green blobs) and tried every possible combination of settings and viewers. I noticed the problem was most prevalent when viewing footage through IVMS4200.

Finally, the solution turned out to be doing a full factory reset of the camera from the web interface and set up again from scratch.

Since then the problem has never returned.

Currently running with H.265, 20FPS, WDR ON and 8192kbps.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New firmware for the G3 Series (2CD23x6G2) cams hit the Hikvision download portal today.

Link here: IPC_G3_EN_STD_5.5.160_210209.zip

Currently downloading and will install as soon as possible. Hopefully fixes the persistent issue I have with the motion detection polygon becoming corrupt every time I reboot my NVR. Having said that, my supplier insisted that Hikvision was not aware of the problem outside myself.

No release notes as yet. Will feedback my experience good or bad in a couple of days.
I already tried it. It doesn’t fix the motion box issue. I set mine up again and it reverted to a rectangle at reboot. Hikvision are aware of the issue as one of their engineers used Team Viewer to look at my system to try and resolve it and gave up.

I only installed it on one camera and have left the rest as it broke browser access with IE 11 - I just get a blank white screen on connection. I’ve posted regarding this on use-io forum (as JB1970)

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed the latest G3 firmware for my 2CD2836G2. Noticed zero differences from the previous firmware. The motion detection polygon still reverts to a rectangle when restarting the cam.

At least I've found no new bugs.