Acusense latest version

Jono83

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Appears Hikvision is promoting new enhancements to Acusense. I have zero experience with Hikvision or Acusense but am getting close to jumping in the water (see thread on ColorVu and Acusense).

My question is, how good is Acusense in filtering out or distinguishing motion for alert/notification purposes? I have watched some youtube reviews and Acusense looks pretty good.

My use case is a home driveway camera location which would "see" A) my driveway, B) street in front of my house, C) my front walkway to the door alcove area, D) my neighbors driveways across the street. Looking for good motion detection for differentiating people vs cars vs bikes perhaps vs general motion. This would be to selectively choose which notifications I should receive on a (Hikvision) mobile app and desirable would be to quickly review recorded footage of the event on my mobile app primarily but also desktop review of recorded events. Don't really care if the recorded video is SD card or NVR as my initial position unless I am missing something. I have about 18 months of experience reviewing recorded video from camera sd cards via a mobile app (Wyze) and it has been reasonably effective.

So as I move into more of a "real" camera, I am curious on real world Acusense experience