Acusense with strobe+light - How to easily turn on/off strobe+light?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am looking at the Acusense cameras with integrated strobe siren and white light, I like the idea of being able to disuade intruders that way.

But there's something that bothers me knowing Hikvision's interface; is there an easy way to enable/disable the light/siren, maybe from Hikconnect app? This is not a business where I can configure it to work only off hours. On a home you can come and go at any time, so I wonder if there is an easy way to arm/disarm the functionality, so the light/siren will not turn on by itself every time I come back home later than usual.

Thanks!

TomB

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking at the Acusense cameras with integrated strobe siren and white light, I like the idea of being able to disuade intruders that way.

But there's something that bothers me knowing Hikvision's interface; is there an easy way to enable/disable the light/siren, maybe from Hikconnect app? This is not a business where I can configure it to work only off hours. On a home you can come and go at any time, so I wonder if there is an easy way to arm/disarm the functionality, so the light/siren will not turn on by itself every time I come back home later than usual.

Thanks!
I have 2 of the AccuSense cameras and just had a good look. You set the time when the strobe/alarm activates directly in the camera web interface. Then you link it to certain events. This can also only by done from logging directly into the camera. In IVMS-4200 this link is not showing and certainly not on Hik-connect.

The short answer is NO.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 2 of the AccuSense cameras and just had a good look. You set the time when the strobe/alarm activates directly in the camera web interface. Then you link it to certain events. This can also only by done from logging directly into the camera. In IVMS-4200 this link is not showing and certainly not on Hik-connect.

The short answer is NO.
Thought so, but I think I might have found a solution.

Since I have alarm inputs/outputs on the NVR which can be activated from the mobile, I see that these alarm inputs can be combined with something else. I guess I will have an option to do something like "if alarm input 1 is on, and acusense detects a person, then enable light/siren". I guess I can leave it on 24/7, and then just connect alarm output 1 to alarm input 1; and from the mobile manually turn on alarm output 1 on the NVR when I want the light/siren to work.

I will have to look at it, but I thnk this might work :)

1595098300870.png

ozzyfr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Securame,

Have you been able to enable this?
I just have one acusense camera and no NVR but would very much like to enable this as well.
it seems his-connect does not allow this which is a very basic functionality, I am thinking of adding an IP relay to just shut the camera off when I arrive and turn it back on when I leave. I would prefer disabling the internal alarm (lights and message) and keep the camera recording if for whatever reason I would need access to the footage but I can't think of any other way until His-vision enable this basic function...

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR with alarm inputs, so I use one of the alarm inputs on the NVR to do it. The strobe/sirens only go off when the alarm input is closed.

I could wire an alarm ouput on the NVR to its own alarm input, and turn on/off that alarm output manually. But I actually have an alarm system (AJAX) which an external relay, so when the alarm system is armed, it closes the alarm input on the NVR, which makes the siren/strobe work.

So, Acusense people detection is working 24/7 on camera and NVR, but the strobe/light on the Acusense cameras only gets turned on when the alarm system is armed.

bossind

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR with alarm inputs, so I use one of the alarm inputs on the NVR to do it. The strobe/sirens only go off when the alarm input is closed.

I could wire an alarm ouput on the NVR to its own alarm input, and turn on/off that alarm output manually. But I actually have an alarm system (AJAX) which an external relay, so when the alarm system is armed, it closes the alarm input on the NVR, which makes the siren/strobe work.

So, Acusense people detection is working 24/7 on camera and NVR, but the strobe/light on the Acusense cameras only gets turned on when the alarm system is armed.
Hi, what model NVR are you using? NXI? and would you mind sharing the configuration I would have to do on the NVR and 'm assuming on the camera as well. That you so much!

jamiec

n3wb
Reaction score
upgrade the NVR firmware - With the new firmware version on the K & I series NVR you can easily disable the alarms and light via the APP with the touch of a button.

ared20

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi,

I would like to use a remote associated with an input alarm of my Hikvision DVR to enable the use of a siren (Alarm output) by other conditions. For example, I would like to have a siren go off when a person is detected in a particular camera at night only if the alarm input is ON (system armed). Therefore, I could disarm the siren if I click a button on the remote.

Is there any way to this with a Hikvision DVR with alarm I/O?

Reaction score
Is this a current thing that is actually available? I've had no luck with it. The guide to using it refers to the alarm button opening a config for area and mode features, but these aren't available on Hik Connect app (current version 4.21.2.0307). Instead, tapping the alarm just enables and disables notifications, which doesn't seem to do anything.

The NVR needed a custom firmware update from Hikvision before I could see the 'Flashing Alarm Light Output' and 'Audible Alarm Output' configuration tabs as well.

Unfortunately until the app actually works like they advertise in the video at the link, I am only able to arm and disarm the lights and sirens according to a schedule, and cannot arm or disarm via a button press in the app anywhere.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Script i took from net presented by Robert.

Code:
Enable LED
curl -k --silent -H 'Content-Type:application/xml' -X PUT -d '<ExternalDevice><SupplementLight><enabled>true</enabled></SupplementLight></ExternalDevice>' http://your.camera.ip/ISAPI/System/externalDevice --digest -u user:pass

Disable LED
curl -k --silent -H 'Content-Type:application/xml' -X PUT -d '<ExternalDevice><SupplementLight><enabled>false</enabled></SupplementLight></ExternalDevice>' http://your.camera.ip/ISAPI/System/externalDevice --digest -u user:pass
Thank Bob not me :)

Reaction score
Script i took from net presented by Robert.

Code:
Enable LED
curl -k --silent -H 'Content-Type:application/xml' -X PUT -d '<ExternalDevice><SupplementLight><enabled>true</enabled></SupplementLight></ExternalDevice>' http://your.camera.ip/ISAPI/System/externalDevice --digest -u user:pass

Disable LED
curl -k --silent -H 'Content-Type:application/xml' -X PUT -d '<ExternalDevice><SupplementLight><enabled>false</enabled></SupplementLight></ExternalDevice>' http://your.camera.ip/ISAPI/System/externalDevice --digest -u user:pass
Thank Bob not me :)
This looks like it could be awesome - is there any context that you could give me for understanding how to do this?

I've had angry people banging on my door today giving me a real fright, the only reason they backed off and went away is because of the hikvision system, which they acknowledged as a good system and warned each other not to say anything more. But I'd rather I had a moat with crocodiles! Wish I could have triggered the sirens on a moments notice, would have been satisfying. I hope. Maybe they wouldn't have cared.

Man, people are frightening. Bleh.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is a linux script.

But you can do exactly the same with Postman on windows

Sending arguments on exact url enpoint on camera. And u change settings with it. Or you pull information from camera.

ISAPI is huge

Reaction score
It is a linux script.

But you can do exactly the same with Postman on windows

Sending arguments on exact url enpoint on camera. And u change settings with it. Or you pull information from camera.

ISAPI is huge

Thank you. I'll download Postman, will have to try and get ISAPI and eventually see if that same snippet of code works. With my current anxiety over this I'm not thinking properly so studying the ISAPI is daunting, let alone basic court process I have to go through. If I'm lucky, there'll be a way to trigger this from my phone as well - maybe via postman on the web once I've seen what it can actually do.

Honestly just want to move house, but that takes time. Probably top of the market too, bleh.

Reaction score
So turns out the reason the regular firmware updates didn't work is you need the LiveGuard firmware update for the NVR, which is listed on the NVR page itself. Down on the right over here, for example: DS-7616NI-I2/16P

This looks like the same LiveGuard firmware (though they don't include the word LiveGuard) that can be found on the main LiveGuard feature page, bottom left down here: Hikvision Live-Guard Solution - current file version as of time of posting is DZ_K51_ML_STD_V4.51.007_220316.zip which with contents once unzipped and uploaded to NVR becomes V4.51.007 build 220316 (like the name of the zip file).

Once you have that, the features show up in your app regarding areas and stay/disarm/away modes. The English could really be a bit clearer on what means what though! I was under the impression that the cameras can be adjusted for each mode but the manuals seem to indicate otherwise. You lose the old alarm input button, but you gain the ability to switch modes so... I'm guessing it should be able to then trigger sirens etc when in the away mode. Have to test.

Last edited:

Madgame87

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with being able to trigger the strobe light and alarm via app?

I have a a bunch of 2386G2 cameras and an I series NVR (though firmware is old.. 2021) but all products were bought from an authorised dealer in Sydney.

I believe my set up is eligible to support the Live Guard features?