AD110 Motion detection, SD card, Android DND

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got issues. At least that's what people tell me. I just replaced a Nellys NSC-DB2 with an Amcrest AD110 doorbell. Overall I'm very happy as the app actually works (not so much with the 3 different apps for the NSC) and it easily integrated with Blueiris.

Problem #1 - motion detection false alerts
The motion sensor keeps going off falsely. I have set the range to 1 and the motion detection area to about 3 feet from the AD110 but vehicles passing by on the street (about 25-30' away) keep tripping it. I have power cycled, rebooted, deleted, and reset, all multiple times. The camera faces north. There is an awning over it. It is not in direct sunlight. This happens all day. I would really like to use it for sensing deliveries, etc. that don't ring the bell. Any thoughts?

Problem #2 - SD card
I inserted a brand-new right out of the package Microcenter 128g SD Micro class 10 card in the AD110 and it lost its mind. It took two days of reboots, power cycles, and resets to get it running again (blue circling light). I put the card in my Linux laptop and it showed some non-ntfs filesystem (I forgot which one) so I'm currently reformatting the card. Are there any known issues with these cards, or specific ones that do/do not make the AD lose its lunch?

Thanks for your time!

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ignore the part of the title "Android DND". I found a Google specific post for my Google Pixel 3 phone that helped me fix that and forgot to change the title.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have my AD110 configured similarly to yours for motion detection and also get numerous false positives from vehicles passing by. The street is twice the distance (65') away. It seems impossible for the small/cheap PIR sensor to be able to pick up infrared radiation that far away. There are no other apparent movements in the detection zone, which of course does not include the street.

Interestingly, I never get motion alerts from cars passing by at night. if anything, the delta in the IR movement signature would be even stronger on a cooler night that during the day. So what gives? What this implies to me is that the AD110 is not relying on the PIR for motion detection entirely and the software algorithm is not working properly.

I was beginning to wonder if it actually had a PIR sensor and was falsely advertised, but I do see in the config.backup a small section on the PIR in the AD110 that suggests it has one enabled. But like other sections in the config, some are placeholders (like PTZ) that are part of a default config and doesn't really prove anything.

"Pir_" : [
{
"DutyCycle" : 20,
"Enable" : true,
"PirMode" : "PirMotion"
}

As to your SD-Card formatting, it needs to be class 10 or better and FAT32 format. refer to this article for help.

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My biggest problem with the SD Micro is that I switched my desktop and laptop from Winders 10 to Ubuntu about 8 months ago and have not looked back. Although I have been a Unix Sysadmin most of my career, the desktop version still has its share of quirks. I am having trouble with this card as it already appears to have some partitions on it and unix does not seem to want to play nice and destroy/reformat them no matter which tool I use.

As for the motion sensing, I have adjusted the detection range to 1 and the detection zone to 2 horizontal row of boxes in front of the camera . That has hugely reduced the false positives, which for me typically come during the daytime as the front of my house faces north. Now I get notifications typically only when someone is within 3 feet of the doorbell/camera. The rare false positive at night is usually due to a reflection of my neighbor's car headlights almost perfectly triangulating off the side of my car as they pull in/out of their driveway.