Add cameras to BI viewer?

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there some way to add more than one camera when I have the viewer full size and I'm reviewing some video? Usually I would like to have 2 cameras side by side. Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure the timeline is showing along the bottom (there's a button for this in the upper left), then double-click any position on the timeline and you will be able to see every camera in your currently selected group at the time you clicked. To return to live video, you can either click the X in the upper right of the viewer or click the clock to the right of the timeline.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bp2008 - when I playback full screen I can hear audio of that camera, but when I do as you mentioned to watch every camera, I lose sound. How do you get to hear audio from a selected camera during playback showing all the cameras during playback at same time?

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure the timeline is showing along the bottom (there's a button for this in the upper left), then double-click any position on the timeline and you will be able to see every camera in your currently selected group at the time you clicked. To return to live video, you can either click the X in the upper right of the viewer or click the clock to the right of the timeline.
Thanks, but is there some way to display the playback video on only 2 cameras instead of all my cameras? I can view 1 camera full screen, or all of them but I cannot figure out how to view just 2 side by side. You said "currently selected group", is there some way to select a custom amount of cameras for playback in the viewer? I apologize if I'm being dense here, I'm probably just missing something. Thank you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You said "currently selected group", is there some way to select a custom amount of cameras for playback in the viewer?
  • Go to BI's built-in 'Help', (the big '?' up at the top), go to page 47 and read about 'Groups'.
  • Create a group and assign specific cameras to it.
  • When looking at BI's console live view window , look up at top and where the drop-down shows the default "All Cameras", select the newly created group.

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome! Works great! Thank you, Sirs. I know, RTFM lol