add external BI server feed to local BI display

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have several sites that i would like to pull a camera feed or two or three, so when i am at the office i can see everything i need to on my main BI server there rather than having to pull up multiple web pages on the pc for the remote sites. I have tried adding a "generic" mjpeg camera pointing to the one of the external bi servers, and using the shortname and also camera number, but just get a 404 not found error. I have no problem pulling a feed from a swann dvr at the location tried, but the camera i need is not connected to that system.

Port forwarding directly to the camera is out of the question, the cameras at all locations are on a separate vlan with no internet access.

Any suggestions? thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can do this easily this has been discussed several times searching you will find the correct URL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the BI help file, web server section. URLs are listed there (at the bottom).

Be aware you will be using a significant amount of internet bandwidth if you have Blue Iris continuously pulling a remote stream like this.

slowmod

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah, never checked the help file, just google and searching here. Thanks!! playing around with it some more i got it to pull a feed using the "raw" setting. i have fiber and cable with great upload speeds at all locations except one which is DSL, that is the one i am working with currently. i only need 1 camera there, but i will check with the local users tomorrow to make sure they are not seeing a negative impact.

I may try to add an additional copy of that camera locally at a lower resolution and stream it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to be streaming these 24/7 it is probably best to stream one of the H.264 options. The URL with a .ts extension may be ideal. The documented H.264 options from the web server section of the help file all use the Streaming 0 encoder profile which you can configure in Blue Iris Options > Web Server tab to limit the bit rate.