add LTS non poe ip cams not working

Cache450

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an LTN8616D-P16 with LTS ip cameras. all is working great except I have not been able to add cameras that are on the LAN in the other building... I have an LTS POE switch in another building with more lts cameras plugged into it.

I can plug one of those cams directly into the nvr and it works great but when I take it back into the other building using all the same parameters on the nvr, and use "manual" rather than "plug-and-play" it doesn't work. it says "the network is unreachable"

I followed a few suggestions from @milkisbad in another thread but no success. Am I missing something?

ps- the cameras do show up in the "unadded camera list" at the bottom of the screen

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure about the model NVR.
But most NVRs use a different network subnet for the direct poe plugged cameras. So the IP address is set when plugged into the NVR. If you move the IP camera to the regular network it will have the wrong IP address for that subnet. What is the IP address of the camera. What is the IP address of the second building subnet. What is the IP address of the first building subnet.

Cache450

n3wb
Reaction score
hopefully Im understanding you correctly. I just have a router in main building and a switch in the other building so its all on the same subnet of 255.255.255.0
The ip address of the camera is set to 192.168.254.4, subnet 255.255.255.0
I can't find a different subnet for the nvr poe ports.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
The sub net is 192.168.254.xxx
What is the IP address of your router ?
What is the IP address of PC you are useing ?
What are the IP address of the cameras on the NVR Poe ports ?
What make model is the router ?
I am assuming you have a small network.

Reaction score
Have you used the LTS IP portal ? You need to activate them , give them a password and assign them a static ip before adding them to the client .

Cache450

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! They were activated as they were existing lts cams. I ended up doing it the hard way and ran a new cat 5 from the dvr to the other building that had the poe switch connected to the cameras. They are working great now but it was the “hard way”.

I did plug my laptop into one of the dvrs camera ports and got the ip address and subnet mask that its using for cameras but I couldnt seem to figure how to use my existing network and have the cams on the subnet. Over my head at the moment. Hope i can figure it out for future use though. Im sure its not that hard