Add onvif 3rd party camera to VTH5221DW-C

jajabingoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there.

I've installed DHI-VTO3211D-P2 doorbell and two VTH5221DW-C screens in 2 rooms. I was trying to add 3rd party cameras via onvif protocol to the this screens but without success. Is it possible without dahua NVR?

I'm trying to do it on that screen
vth.jpg
Tried already http (1024), rtsp(554) and onvif(1018) ports - no chance.

Ip camera ports
2019-09-13 16_35_21-IPCamera.png

Any suggestions?

The VTH just has 30 sec black screen and after that disconnects, saying camera is unavailable. Nevertheless i can access camera by VLC (rtsp://ip : port/11) or through web (ip : port)

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there @jajabingoz, what is the exact error message you get on the VTH?

I got similar gear like you (VTO/VTH combo), my first attempts to attach a Dahua HFW & HDBW cams (and NVR) were not successful either. I also thought it had to do with ports/network, but the VTH is really picky on what you "feed" him. In the end, I solved it to lower the resolution feed from my cams & NVR that fits the VTH screen, and then it works (even the default substream resolution was too high for the VTH).

How can you determine if you have the same? Have a look at your (access) logs on your cam: if you do see a connection attempt with admin/password and you have no video, then you know it's the (resolution) feed itself.

Good luck and sorry for the waiting!
CC

jajabingoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @catcamstar!

Thanks for an idea, i shall test it soon. I've put the lowest parameters for the substream.
One maybe stupid question - how i know if VTH access substream or main stream by default ? Channel is not seems an option I can choose... It's 1 by default and i can't change it if IPC regime is chosen.

2019-09-16 11_32_37-IPCamera.png

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @catcamstar!

One maybe stupid question - how i know if VTH access substream or main stream by default ? Channel is not seems an option I can choose... It's 1 by default and i can't change it if IPC regime is chosen.
My russian is bit rusty, but if I'm not mistaken in your first screenshot of the VTH, one of the dropdown boxes is "main"/"extra" (that's how it's called on my VTH anyway). That indicates if it takes the FullHD or the downstream :)

Good luck!
CC

jajabingoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! finally made a test with parameters shared previously, no change :(
2DB6395F-3DEA-430D-BA52-FCBA886E6F56.jpeg
Do you have other thoughts?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. Show us the log of your camera, to visualise whether (or not) an incoming request is popping up.

Step 2 comes after your feedback :p

jajabingoz

n3wb
Reaction score
It's quite a dummy Chinese camera
2019-09-20 14_46_11-IPCamera.png
with no useful logs supplied...
2019-09-20 14_45_57-IPCamera.png

Tried to get inside via telnet, but can't get the password (web-console password doesn't work) and tried this ones . I have another better quality camera I shall try to connect on weekend, just to get rid of the hypothesis that the problem could be in camera itself... Anyway, other suggestions are welcome =)

Can I test onvif (http and rtsp I can) connection from PC somehow?

p.s. i've seen somewhere that dahua equipement sometimes have issues with passwords less 8 symbles, not sure it could be the case there.

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, please try this gem: ONVIF Device Manager

Can you show us the settings of main & substream (eg resolution/fps etc)?

Last but not least: indeed, some VTH devices had a password symbols limit, but it was with LONGER than 8 chars. But as you are already on firmware v4 on your VTH, that issue should be fixed!

Good luck!

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there! I've the same issue with a hikvision camera DS-2CD2T42WD-I5. I've updated all devices with the lastest firmware...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi there! I've the same issue with a hikvision camera DS-2CD2T42WD-I5. I've updated all devices with the lastest firmware...
And what did you try? Did you lower resolution? Lower framerate? My suggestion: start at lowest possible, and then increase until it breaks. Then revert to last-known-configuration.

Good luck!
CC