Add unlisted camera as generic/OnVIF or Hikvision?

foodtech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have three Arcvision cameras left over from a system installed by a local contractor. BlueIris does not list that make of camera. Many months ago, looney2ns said he suspected they are relabeled Hikvision cameras. I'm now building our BI system and plan to use the cameras (ARC-IPBH03 & ARC-IPDH18) as supplements to the Dahuas I've purchased.

I was going to list the Make in BI as generic/ONVIF since I can't find a cross-reference for these cameras to a Hikvision model. Would there be a significant advantage in determining the corresponding Hikvision model to use vs. the generic settings? I haven't taken time to try a spec-to-spec comparison/identification, but would do so if it resulted in actual benefits in programming/using the settings.

Last edited:

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Whole thread on how to add a camera not in the list.

foodtech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. The thread wasn't quite on target. I've been able to find and add the cameras to BlueIris. I was querying to see if there was any advantage in trying to identify the cameras as a specific Hikvision rebranding. If I could do so, and connect them to BlueIris as such, would that open up additional configuration options?