Added Dahua Turret to Lorex system, Not working

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Search setting at the top.... you have to put in the default password for the camera. It is showing as initialized which means that it should have a new camera default password and not the newest firmware. Unless someone somewhere has powered it up before and set the password on it.

I'm oddly running into a similar issue with a IPC-HDW4431EM-AS. I had to plug it directly into my network (using a separate 12V power supply) then I was able to get into it with a web browser since it was then getting a 192.168.1.x IP.

Yours does have pretty new firmware on it too. There is one newer than that.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It "should" be admin / admin.
UsernameandPassword - Dahua Wiki

I did mange to get the one I was just messing with going. I had to get into it on my local network first, did the initial configuration. Then plugged it back into the NVR. It still would not automatically show up in the NVR until I totally power cycled the NVR. Then it finally showed up in the camera registration screen. From there I just clicked to modify the registration and added the password I set on the camera and its going. Mine is a different model camera though - its pretty much the identical camera but 4MP instead of 8MP though and they should even use the same firmware. I have to admit. This particular model has been the most fiddly to get it going on the NVR.

If for some odd reason it has some other password it will have to be manually reset. Restetting it is not too hard. You have to take it apart. I opened this one up so I could put an SD card in it. You have to remove the mount, remove the 3 screws on the back, and then if just resetting you can just barely get to the reset button without removing the two other screws on the inside. If you do remove those you can also get to the SD card slot.

ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki

Attached shows where the button is. You can just see it at an angle. I circled it in red. Aside from this, I have to run. I'll be back around late tomorrow.
IMG_2366.jpg

Last edited:

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I gave up, for today at least, had no idea this would be this much trouble

Ill Try again in 2 days

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I gave up, for today at least, had no idea this would be this much trouble

Ill Try again in 2 days
Hi Arkangel86,

The trouble is a big result of cameras being made more secure to counter the cyber attacks, as well as browsers becoming more secure and no longer supporting in secure components.

Once you get it up and configured you will have a good stable setup.

Also, remember Macs are not as well supported - so having a Mac results in more complications as there are less software tools available for that platform.

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, Andy from EmpireTech just told me he can have someone give me some support via phone, so hopefully get it squared away in a couple days

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, Andy from EmpireTech just told me he can have someone give me some support via phone, so hopefully get it squared away in a couple days
Hi Arkangel86,

Is that the Edge brower or the IE browser you are using? ( Edge does not work well with the cameras )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Arkangel86 @MixManSC

Ok, had some time to search... please see the following post which maybe useful:
Replace my Lorex 4K (lnb8005) with a starlight (IPC-HDW5231R-ZE)

"if I recall correctly, I believe the starlight has the static up of 192.168.1.100 (or similair) the nvr is set to dhcp on the 10.10.x.x I just plugged my laptop into one of the Ethernet ports and tried to connect to the starlight’s static IP address but I don’t think that worked. Next I tried looking at the “remote device” page on the nvr, there I saw the camera as well as a 10.10.x.x IP address assigned to it. I used that address to connect to the camera. I was promoted to create a new password and the. I could connect to the camera using the laptop. Once I logged into the camera, I switched it from static to dhcp under the network>tcp/ip tab. From there I tried to match the Lorex settings because to be honest I don’t know what half the stuff means. Under the “port” tab i updated to the same values as the Lorex cameras ( Lorex default was 35000 and the starlight was 37777 or 37000). Once that was complete, I went to remote device again, I could still see the camera and I connected to it using the new password." - Fourier

Note - there are probably a few ways to do this. The summary is that you need to get the IP address, user/password, and port configurations in sync between the camera and the NVR. Typically this means setting your camera to the IP addresses your NVR has for the cameras connected to the PoE ports as well as configuring the appropriate port number.

Last edited:

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update

I connected both a borrowed windows laptop and the camera to the back of the NVR, Went to NVR to get cameras IP of 10.1.1.xx

Changed IP on the laptop to be 10.1.1.xx instead of 192.168.1.xxx

Opened a new IE and typed in cameras IP and bam, got in.