Adding 2nd camera oops

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all I tried adding a second camera to my blue iris 5 but did it wrong should looked it up first. What I had was a 5231 set up and working fine. When I went to add the 5442 I didn’t try it from blue iris I did it like I setup the first one which was my mistake. I opened up 192.168.1.108 and entered same name and pass as I had with the other now it seems it’s merged or overwrote the the first one. the cameras are stuck together and rotates thru each other it won’t let me add a second camera on blue iris. I just have one that it flips back and fourth to video from each camera but not separate. Is there a way to reset the 1st camera? When I go into 192.168.1.108 it shows the serial number for the second cam and not the first. I figured it would show both but guess it don’t work like that. Any idea on how to proceed I’m not good with this stuff but don’t wanna make it worse

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You have both cameras using the same IP address which can't work. Unplug both cameras from the network then go into your router and see what addresses are being used. You need to assign different IP addresses to each camera for them to be able to work so knowing what addresses are already in use is important. If you can't check by using your router, download and install an IP port scanner, run the scanner, and you'll see what addresses are in use and which ones are open.

The plug one camera in at a time. Go into the web gui for the camera, itself. In there, under network, change the IP address to something other than 192.168.1.108. Make it something like 192.168.1.120. You will need to tell BI what address to use for each camera.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are not the first to have made this correctable mistake.