Adding a camera to HIKVISION DS-7316HQHI-SH

Dicka24

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. Let me first state that I am a total noob when it comes to security cameras and such. I am not tech illiterate though as I do build PCs as a hobby and am handy overall. With that in mind, my questions for the community surround my desire to add additional camera's to our current HIKVISION DS-7316HQHI-SH set up. We are small family owned and operated business and I'd like to try adding the cameras myself if it's not too hard to do.

Currently we have 2 cameras set up on our system. One which was left in the main hall by a previous tenant that was repurposed & connected to our above unit (I don't know the specs on that camera). The other was installed new and faces our entry door. It's a HIKVISION DS-2CE16D5T-IT3.

My questions are:

1) If I wanted to add a couple of cameras to our current system, what types of cameras could I use? Could you suggest some indoor & outdoor cameras if at all possible.

2) This may seem dumb, but would wireless cameras work with my HIKVISION DS-7316HQHI-SH, or will everything require a hard wire to the unit?

3) (Lots of stupid questions, but as I was once told, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask) Are the cameras powered by the HIKVISION DS-7316HQHI-SH, or do they require an outlet?

Any and all advice or suggestions are appreciated. Talk to me like I'm a moron, and explain things like I'm Forest Gump. Thanks in advance everyone.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your DVR should have no issues adding cameras listed from the indoor dome, outdoor dome, fixed lens etc. tabs found in the link below:
Analog Camera Turbo HD Camera HD1080P Indoor Dome-List1-Hikvision

It may be possible to add wireless cameras with some technical know-how but there are factors involved. I'd strongly suggest asking a local installer to stop by and quote. They will be able to provide more feedback on the WiFi possibility.

The DS-7316HQHI-SH will not power the cameras. They will need an external power source, again something your local installer can elaborate on.
upload_2019-7-7_23-28-20.png