Adding a mic to a Dahua ptz-what do I do with the 3rd wire?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Dahua oem ptz Amazon.com : Dahua OEM PTZ IP Camera SD49225T-Hn 2MP 25X Starlight IR Network Dome Camera 4.8mm-120mm Night Version H.265 PoE+ Ip66 Onvif English Version (No Logo) : Camera & Photo
It has three wires (red,black,and white) on the camera tree tagged as audio in audio out and then a third wire that is missing a tag.. I want to be able to hook up the
two wires to a video balun for one way in audio. Which two wires go to the video balun’s + and - connectors ,and what about the 3rd wire?

Thanks,
Tubac

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This diagram is in the online manual for that cam but there is a disclaimer stating " Different models have different cable combinations; please refer to the actual cable combination for more details. The cable combination is the most comprehensive example shown in the figure"

Screenshot 2020-10-18 161042.jpg

Last edited:

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This diagram is in the online manual for that cam but there is a disclaimer stating " Different models have different cable combinations; please refer to the actual cable combination for more details. The cable combination is the most comprehensive example shown in the figure"

View attachment 72884
Thanks that illustration is very helpful!
So if I want to record audio to the camera I would use the audio in wire (white) connected to the plus side of the balun and the black ground wire to the minus side of the balun leaving the red, audio outt unconnected. Then enable audio on PSS. Is that correct?