Adding a WiFi cctv camera problems

Westy20

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, new here and new to setting up cctv. I’ve had a system quite a while that came configured. I purchased a WiFi camera, installed it onto my NVR via being plugged into my router, works ok. When I detach the Ethernet cable it will not operate on WiFi. I’ve noticed my four existing cameras are NI protocol, this one is ONVIF, does this make the difference? Thanks

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Plug camera back into router, open Internet Explorer, try to open the cam's built-in webGUI by putting in the camera's IP address and hit <enter>, install plug-in if asked.
2) In the cam's webGUI, somewhere in network setting you must "enable" wireless, have it look (survey) for your Wi-Fi and save that, put in security code to your Wi-Fi when asked and save it.
Note if the IP address for wireless is different from the Ethernet IP address (some Dahua and/or Amcrest cam's are).
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Unplug power to camera, unplug Ethernet cable, power camera back up, should be on wireless in about 60 seconds.
5) Put in the correct IP address in your browser and see if the webGUI comes up again, this time using wireless.

If no joy, perhaps the HTTP port is non-standard or your must use P2P by scanning a QR code (as show at bottom of your image with "Show QR Code").
This means you'll be using a foreign server to view your cam...I don't recommend it.

BTW, what brand and model of IP camera is this?