Adding Camera stream from 1 NVR to Another

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i want to add channels 1 and 3 of an nvr, to another NVR. The camera's are connected to a poe switch.
So i tried to add a camera, and filled in the IP adress of the NVR from which i want to get the stream, username and passw.
I am receiving Channel no error. ( 1 to 16 )
I am able to add it by rstp, but thats a little complicated, is it possible to add them by just ip adress , with hikvision protocol ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to add it using the IP/name/password of the camera, not the ones for the NVR. You have to connect the second NVR direct to the camera.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. But i have to add that camera also to 7 other NVR in the same network. After adding the camera ip to 3 or 4 NVR, the nest one gives exception error. Hikvision told me the camera has its limit of 4 connections..
So i am trying to add from nvr , because pdf sheet says it supports 128 remote connections

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can't add a channel from a Hikvision NVR on another Hikvision NVR.

Maybe you can find a camera model that allows more connections, or use a stream server that will broadcast as many times as you need that camera's stream.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know that it is possible to add the wanted channel by using rstp stream?

Do you mean to install streamserver on a pc..and connect all nvr to that pc by rstp?
The problem here is that we want approx 40 nvr of 4 and 8ch mixed. All of them will have different cams added ( some cameras will be on multiple tv s )

The image quality is not important. Cif with 8fps is enough. Low bandwith. Just need an image to see if there is a car parked

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know you can add them using RTSP, that way you are connecting as a client. But you will not have motion detection, events, etc., just a video feed. If that is enough for you only for live viewing, go ahead!

If you are going to run 40 NVRs (I guess many of them acting just as decoders) and god knows how many cameras, maybe you do need a stream server.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know how many streams the nvr can give ? Is that the mentioned 128 remote connections mentioned in the pdf sheet ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your bottleneck probably will be the maximum outgoing bandwidth. You need to check the specs on each NVR.