Adding extra camera - "IP camera does not exist..." but it's plugged in

Jeff12345

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings forum members.
I have 7604 Hikvision NVR, with two cameras producing images (2 X 2055FWD-I).
Those two cameras just started working by plugging them into the NVR.
A third camera is plugged in in the same manner, but not visible.
When I click on D3, I'm told "IP Camera does not exist".
Why am I having trouble getting this third camera to work, given that the original two are plugged in in the same manner?

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unsure I have a 7604n-e1 and always set the i.p of the cam using sadp first. Sometimes I copy the config from a working cam to a non working cam because I cannot be bothered going through the settings.

Jeff12345

n3wb
Reaction score
Unsure I have a 7604n-e1 and always set the i.p of the cam using sadp first. Sometimes I copy the config from a working cam to a non working cam because I cannot be bothered going through the settings.
Thanks rearanger. I'm not using SADP, and that didn't stop me from getting the first two cameras going. I just stumbled upon a PoE page, and it was 'Off' for camera 3/D3. Now D3 is 'detecting', but, sadly, not finding...
To be honest, I gave up on the instructions that came with the NVR and just plugged the first two cameras in and they worked. So I've been avoiding SADP (no windows PC...), and "Please scan the QR code via MMS client". Have no idea what to do there. I've just been using the setup as a freestanding, old school motion detection setup.
It will take me weeks to work out how to go about this properly, especially given the apparent absence of well-designed, step-by-step instructions. Instructional videos I've watched have been of very little use for a novice. I'm in the process of getting a spare SSD so that I can dual boot into Windows (from Linux), so using SADP may solve my problems.
Thanks very much for your reply.

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nv.png

The cams are normally more or less plug in and play with the nvr ...make sure the passwords are correct and the i.p address is correct. You could do a factory reset on the D3 cam. My settings are on manual however you can set plug in play and enabled on the cam (think its enable by default). That cam is plugged directly into the nvr

Last edited:

Jeff12345

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 45422

The cams are normally more or less plug in and play with the nvr ...make sure the passwords are correct and the i.p address is correct. You could do a factory reset on the D3 cam. My settings are on manual however you can set plug in play and enabled on the cam (think its enable by default). That cam is plugged directly into the nvr
Thanks again rearanger. Yep, done all that. NVR is set to default of plug and play, and D3 is still 'detecting'.
I have four IP addresses assigned to the four cameras, but they are internal only at this stage - 128.XXX.X.X, and those IP addresses aren't stopping D1 and D2 from working. And those IP addresses were issued by the NVR by default, not chosen by me. And yes, all three cameras are plugged directly into ports at the back of the NVR. And, the password that allows me to access settings is the same password for all cameras.

Rearanger, if this all looks abnormal, and not something that I'm overlooking, I'll get onto the place I bought them from.

Thanks again for your reply.

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That camera should connect automatically to your NVR via it’s POE port when selected to plug.
This is subject to the cable between the camera and NVR been correctly wired.
(If it’s a home made cable have you tested it with a Lan cable tester.)

If it’s been power up by others and returned, it could have password already and this will stop it connecting via plug and play.

I have 2035FWD-I and 2045FWD-I cameras and they have a push button to reset the camera to defaults and reset password. Your 2035FWD-I should be the same, its located inside the SD card slot. I have never needed to use it myself as SADP is a very good tool for changing the IP and passwords as long as you know the existing password.
If you need to use the reset button, de-power the camera hold down the reset button for about 30 seconds while reapplying power.