Adding IPC to VTH

MarcVS

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m trying to Connect a Dahua camera IPC-HDBW1531E-S-0280B to a Dahua monitor DHI-VTH2421FW-P.
I tried adding them on the monitor but whatever I type in there it always accepts the input (wrong ip address, wrong password…). Then when I look on the monitor at the camera I always get a black screen (even when I put in the right ip address and password)
Then I tried adding them on the webinterface of the VTO DHI-VTO2202F-P, but there I'm missing the option for adding the IPC. (See image)3EDF92C7-3D5F-4408-AEC4-A6CB0AE8DB55.jpeg

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m trying to Connect a Dahua camera IPC-HDBW1531E-S-0280B to a Dahua monitor DHI-VTH2421FW-P.
I tried adding them on the monitor but whatever I type in there it always accepts the input (wrong ip address, wrong password…). Then when I look on the monitor at the camera I always get a black screen (even when I put in the right ip address and password)
Then I tried adding them on the webinterface of the VTO DHI-VTO2202F-P, but there I'm missing the option for adding the IPC. (See image)
For an IP camera to work on VTH, it must have a resolution of up to 1 MP and an H.264 codec (you can use second stream). You can add IPC directly to VTH.

MarcVS

n3wb
Reaction score
For an IP camera to work on VTH, it must have a resolution of up to 1 MP and an H.264 codec (you can use second stream). You can add IPC directly to VTH.
The camera’s are 5 MP, but the VTO is 2 MP and that works on the VTH, so I suppose the cameras should also work.
As I already said, I tried to add them on the VTH, but no matter what I fill in, the VTH accepts everything.
I think (as is written in the manual) they must be added on the VTO. But that option is missing in the Web interface. I tried to update the firmware but when I do (via the Tools) nothing seems to happen.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera’s are 5 MP, but the VTO is 2 MP and that works on the VTH, so I suppose the cameras should also work.
As I already said, I tried to add them on the VTH, but no matter what I fill in, the VTH accepts everything.
I think (as is written in the manual) they must be added on the VTO. But that option is missing in the Web interface. I tried to update the firmware but when I do (via the Tools) nothing seems to happen.
Make sure you select the 'Extra' stream. The VTH can't handle the mainstream.

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1. If you look at the datasheet for your VTO, it lists the main 720p stream that is displayed on the monitor screen. The second stream is 1080p (2Mp), it can be recorded on the NVR.
2. The datasheet on the monitor indicates that it supports H.264 compression.
Therefore, you need to add a second stream from your camera and switch its codec to H.264.