Adding IR remote control to Amcrest NV4116-HS

softbox3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all! I am replacing my aging Amcrest NV4108 NVR (8 channels, 1080p) with a new NVR. The NV4108 worked great, but lacks a lot of newer firmware updates. One feature that is absolutely critical to my application/use is the built in IR sensor on the front of the NVR for use with a wireless IR remote (even though a remote was not included with the unit). Through trial and error, I've found that it uses IR codes/remotes that a lot of different manufacturers use (currently using a Lorex branded remote).

I am replacing the old NVR with an Amcrest NV4116-HS (16 channels, 8mp). While the new one works great, it seems it does not even have an IR sensor on the front panel.

Looking at the main board inside, I see a bunch of random open/unconnected headers. I've heard these are OEM'ed by Dahua, and was wondering if anyone happens to know if any of the pins is actually for an IR sensor that was just stripped from this particular line/rebrand of NVRs. I tested out an Amcrest NV5216, and that one does have an IR sensor built in and the same Lorex remote does work to control it (even though no remote is included, and there is nothing on the front panel that designates an IR window).

Thanks!

Attachments