Adding NVR on DS-KH8350-WTE1/EU

gizmouf

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback but still no luck as of today.
And what you describe is exactly what I did in my first 2 posts (there even are screenshots of my setup).

I updated all of my equipments with the latest firmwares and tried lots of different network and video settings, the best I get is still a 'resolution not supported' on the KH8350 (meaning the network part seems good).

I have no router but I can perfectly access all my cam through IE.

gedajus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe do you use Hik Connect service? It encrypts video and door station can't playback video.

I had same issue.
Just try to disable this service.

Thanks for the feedback but still no luck as of today.
And what you describe is exactly what I did in my first 2 posts (there even are screenshots of my setup).

I updated all of my equipments with the latest firmwares and tried lots of different network and video settings, the best I get is still a 'resolution not supported' on the KH8350 (meaning the network part seems good).

I have no router but I can perfectly access all my cam through IE.

YellowSnow

n3wb
Reaction score
You can solve this issue by turning off Hik Connect. The "reolution not supported" message is false. If you turn off Hik Connect, add cameras, then turn on Hik Connect again, it should work.

gizmouf

n3wb
Reaction score
You can solve this issue by turning off Hik Connect. The "reolution not supported" message is false. If you turn off Hik Connect, add cameras, then turn on Hik Connect again, it should work.
Well thank you a lot, after exactly one year you gave me the solution (actually gedajus just above you was roughly saying the same thing but I didn't get it then) :)

Indeed I had to disable Hik-connect from my NVR, then add each of my camera into the indoor station (using the IP of the NVR and the channel number of each camera as described previously), check on the indoor station that the camera are showing and re-enable Hik-connect.

chlopak

n3wb
Reaction score
Well thank you a lot, after exactly one year you gave me the solution (actually gedajus just above you was roughly saying the same thing but I didn't get it then) :)

Indeed I had to disable Hik-connect from my NVR, then add each of my camera into the indoor station (using the IP of the NVR and the channel number of each camera as described previously), check on the indoor station that the camera are showing and re-enable Hik-connect.
Thanks for this, I was trying to do this remotely via iVMS or through the website and it wasn't working, so finally managed to get a monitor plugged in and on the console the HikConnect was still enabled! Disabling this worked like a charm.

saguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Also trying to do this now, but am I correct in saying is the only way to do this is to drop the quality of my IP camera and sacrifice on the quality of my recordings in order to get it in my indoor station? I have the DS-KH6320-WTE1.
I can reach my IP cameras via virtual hosts - using NVR DS-7616NI-K2.

I really wouldn't want to lose quality on ivms-4200/recordings.