Adding one camera cuts off signal to another camera

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all,
(Running an LTN8616D-P16)

A colleague of mine is running into adding an issue when he plugged in an additional camera we had previously setup for him before.

He let me know today that when he plugs in this additional camera it actually cuts off a current cam and doesn't show a video feed. As soon as he unplugs it, the camera comes back.

What's strange is before the pandemic hit I had pre-configured this camera and we had tested it and it added fine. He got some time now to run the line and when he plugs it in now, it's exhibiting the behavior mentioned above.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Have him bring the camera back in and plug into same port this person was using on the network cable run. If it works AOK, that means the cable is fubar'd somewhere. If does not work, at least you know it's not the cable but a config issue or POE power limitation issue?

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had this issue only last week.

Asked some questions and found the answer was to hard reset both the cameras involved.

Plug back into the NVR and let the NVR sort out the new IP addresses.

All worked perfect since.

ausmisc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have actually had this happen with cloned cameras :p, I believe it's because they both had the same hardware ID / Mac Address.

But yes probably IP conflict.