admin default password - IPC Model: IP420/50

Reaction score
This was supposed to be a cheap alternative to get a bit of sound out of an ipcam on one corner of my residence.
Seemed to fit the bill with builtin-mic etc but for the life of me I can't get in the setup or access the camera in any way.
The default admin user is not using any of the default admin passwords from any of the recognized brands... Apparently the mfg is Shenzuan
but sold under WiTi?
This is right off the label on the back of the ipcam

WITI
5.0MP POE IP IR CAMERA
Model: IP420/50
Power: DC12V / POE 48V
Lens f=2.8m

Any help would be appreciated.. 4 hours of my life I'll never get back ;)

Reaction score
Try username
admin
password leave blank

User manual?

Thanks for the response.. tried that this cam is a real stickler but for the price it is exactly what I need.. It's got some proprietary setup whereby you have to login into a mobile app called PS6 and then create an account on some site in order to be able to use the app to scan a qr code that is supposed to be stamped on the ipcam and of course it isn,t.
So I am trying to determine a DID code in order for the app to find this on the network.. not sure if it's worth the pain in the ass yet as I can't see the quality of the picture or sound ;(

Reaction score
Anything that uses a cloud-based phone app for setup is typically going to be an issue.
If the camera itself doesn't provide a web-based GUI you can hit from your browser, chances are it's not going to be a good product.
That being said, I wish you some luck with this item. Perhaps an inexpensive Amcrest or Dahua camera might be a better choice?

I see from amazon.ca the following text:
amazon.ca said:
WiTi IP420/50 Works with NVR, PC client and Browser, APP on iOS and Android. It is compatible with the most main brands 5MP NVR e.g. Laview, LTS,Amcrest,Dahua,Hikvision,etc. Free PC client software and APP are provided. it also works on on ISpy, Blueiris, Milestone, and browsers e.g. IE, Edge,Firefox, Google Chrome,Opera,etc.
Sometimes, it may help to factory reset the firmware, most easily accomplished by disassembling the camera (or simply removing an access panel/cover) and finding the jumper points (vias) or a pushbutton. Remove power from the camera, short the pins or push and hold down the button, and apply power while the pins are shorted or the button is pressed. Keep it pressed for about 20 to 30 seconds before releasing or removing. This typically resets the firmware to factory default, where the passwords in the manual should work.

From the file "read me.txt" within the RAR archive above:
EasyTool: this is a tool to search, set or modify the camera on Windows PC

And there is a file called EasyTool_v3.2.5.9431RC.exe also inside the RAR file.
Might give it a try, can't hurt.

Lastly, and this is a stretch, try these username/password combos.
I found them in the RAR archive in a file named config.ini.
Code:
[DefaultUser]
CountNum=5
UserName01=admin
PassWord01=123456
UserName02=admin
PassWord02=888888
UserName03=admin
PassWord03=
UserName04=admin
PassWord04=123
UserName05=admin
PassWord05=1111

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anything that uses a cloud-based phone app for setup is typically going to be an issue.
If the camera itself doesn't provide a web-based GUI you can hit from your browser, chances are it's not going to be a good product.
That being said, I wish you some luck with this item. Perhaps an inexpensive Amcrest or Dahua camera might be a better choice?

I see from amazon.ca the following text:

Sometimes, it may help to factory reset the firmware, most easily accomplished by disassembling the camera (or simply removing an access panel/cover) and finding the jumper points (vias) or a pushbutton. Remove power from the camera, short the pins or push and hold down the button, and apply power while the pins are shorted or the button is pressed. Keep it pressed for about 20 to 30 seconds before releasing or removing. This typically resets the firmware to factory default, where the passwords in the manual should work.

From the file "read me.txt" within the RAR archive above:
EasyTool: this is a tool to search, set or modify the camera on Windows PC

And there is a file called EasyTool_v3.2.5.9431RC.exe also inside the RAR file.
Might give it a try, can't hurt.

Lastly, and this is a stretch, try these username/password combos.
I found them in the RAR archive in a file named config.ini.
Code:
[DefaultUser]
CountNum=5
UserName01=admin
PassWord01=123456
UserName02=admin
PassWord02=888888
UserName03=admin
PassWord03=
UserName04=admin
PassWord04=123
UserName05=admin
PassWord05=1111
Awesome, thanks for all this.. the admin password turned out to be blank.
I kept hacking away and with the above info was successful
This is actually a fairly decent camera video wise.. Like I said it was only $69.00 Canadian.
Just trying to establish what type of sound it will capture.

Thanks again for your and everyone else's input ;)

Reaction score
Try username
admin
password leave blank

User manual?

Well I can't explain it but it was actually a blank password but I tried leaving it blank numerous times.
I'll chalk it up to either being too old for this IT thingy any longer, or one of those little mysteries we come upon once in a while ;)