Advice choosing a used Dahua IP camera

Crniroko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm in process of choosing a security system for my house (outer use, covering entrance and terrace), I almost ordered a Reolink system, but then I started browsing this forum, and here I am asking about Dahuas. :)
After some previous experience with Dahua cameras, I prefer them over Hikvision for example.
Due to budget, I would be going for used components - most likely an entry level Dahua 4 channel Lite NVR4104-P-4KS2.

For cameras, I have 2 options, both used:
1. IPC-HFW2231T-ZS + IPC-HFW8331E-Z (2MP and 3MP)
2. IPC-HDBW4431F-AS *2 (4MP)

Price for both options is similar. For the 1st option, I like the higher FOV, the second option has audio recording (also 4MP) which is nice.

I'd like your advice which option would be better - considering chip, sensor and overall picture quality.
Many thanks!

Crniroko

n3wb
Reaction score
Option 1 hands down

think about upgrading your NVR choice to the 5000 series. The lite series is seriously underpowered imho
Thanks for your reply.
When
Option 1 hands down

think about upgrading your NVR choice to the 5000 series. The lite series is seriously underpowered imho
Thank you for your comment. About the underpowered lite series - do you mean this by it's decoding capabilities, something else?

I was thinking of having 1HDD inside, with only viewing the streams by network, not by a video connection (monitor or similar).

Crniroko

n3wb
Reaction score
Decoding and incoming bandwidth as well as output. For another $100 or so its night and day
Hi,
Another duel between cameras (thanks for your patience :)) - would the option 1 (HFW2231T-ZS + IPC-HFW8331E-Z ) still be better than new Hikvision cameras, model DS-2CD2043G2-I (2.8mm 4MP)?
I am aware we're on a Dahua subforum, so please excuse my inquiry if it's out of order. I can get the Hik ones for the same price so it's intriguing.

Many thanks.