Advice on PTZ

monaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all
I'm about to fit a DS-2DE4A425IW-DE PTZ into a location on the corner of my home that currently has a fixed turret mounted watching over my front yard. What are peoples opinions on whether I keep both cameras, the fixed turret covering an area and the PTZ doing it's scanning, or just the PTZ? I think I know the answers but would appreciate answer from the more experienced. Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep both cameras!

When the PTZ is scanning somewhere else, then it misses what is happening on the other side.

And of course, depending on what you are using for recording, you maybe able to use your fixed camera to call up the PTZ to specific location if motion is sensed to help avoid that time when the PTZ is looking somewhere else.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use both at the same time. Set up motion detection/intrusion/line crossing on the fixed lens camera. Under trigger channel for camera set it to the PTZ. On the PTZ set up the preset to the fix lens camera location. Once the fix lens detects anything then it will tell the PTZ which will turn and look at that location.