Again about live view plugin.....again ....

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Almost June 2023
How one can made that damn live view (or image settings) to work without asking for plugin installation ?

Tried I.E, edge , edge with IE compatibility, chrome, firefox, firefox ESR, pale moon, opera.....
Played with all internet settings, security etc etc etc

Is there a definitive solution ??

Thank you

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah even in 2023, brand new cameras coming off the line are still requiring Internet Explorer and the plug-in in many instances. Some cameras are better than others, but IE is the standard if you don't want problems.

Unfortunately Hikvision and Dahua make many of the other brands out there, so you would potentially have the same experiences. Even 5 times the cost Axis still recommends Internet Explorer LOL.

Further, you have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Dahua and Hikvision target audience, it is the professional installers that are authorized to sell and install this gear, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a "Hikvision" or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer....

We are just fortunate to be able to get our hands on these types of cameras and a forum like this to help us troubleshoot when needed.

We simply are not their intended user, so if you want it simpler and more user-friendly, then you need to go to consumer grade stuff like Ring, Arlo, Nest, Reolink, Blink, Eufy, etc where you simply scan a QR code and you are good to go. Not very secure and the imagery won't be as good, but it is simple to get going.

Further their intended market is businesses, so they have lots of light and can get away with auto settings, so most never have to get into the camera GUI and simply look at the video feeds via an NVR hooked to a monitor, so they never deal with the plug-in.

You really need to be asking yourself do you want quality cameras to capture quality video at night with motion OR do you want the simplicity scan a QR code and be tricked into thinking you have a good system (that is actually a security risk and crappy video with motion at night)? Unfortunately you can't get both.

The consumer grade Ring and Arlos and Reolink and Blink and whatever you can buy at a big box store sells just that - simplicity plug-n-play devices with very little ability to tweak settings. But that simplicity comes at the expense of usable video with motion, especially at night.

Last edited:

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't know if you are referring to dahua-hikvision as low-profile products or browser-view as a low-profile solution, probably I wasn't clear.
Today you still need a plugin-mode to configure an HikVision NVR , or simply browsing recordings in NVR
Actually I have hardware but it is useless because of lack of working plugin, or me being unable to make it work...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am referring to Dahua/Hikvision/Axis and any other quality camera as being likely browser dependent and likely with the need of a plug-in.

So what I was saying is their intended market (not us homeowners) rarely if never need to get into the camera GUI because they have enough light that they can simply plug the cameras into the NVR and plug an HDMI cable from the NVR into a monitor and they are done. No need for plug-in, no need to adjust settings, etc.

The few settings they need adjusting can be done from the NVR hooked to a monitor via an HDMI cable with no need for a computer or browser or plugin. They can watch live stream and recordings just fine without a computer.

Ok, so in your case what I suspect happened is your NVR has a plugin needed, but the browser already sees that the plug in is already installed, so it doesn't download it from the NVR and then it is trying to use an incompatible plug in.

So are you sure you are actually in Internet Explorer and not some Edge with compatibility mode?

If so, go the extensions in Explorer and delete them and then log into the NVR again and it will see no plug-in and ask you if you want to download and install.

Or worse case, can you hook the NVR to a monitor via an HDMI cable and see if the few settings or views you want to see can be accomplished that way?

What model number NVR and cameras do you have?

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DS-7104NI + DS-2CD2342WD-I
Actually I have it working with windows XP + Mypal browser into a virtual machine....o_O :facepalm:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever it takes to work lol

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well , I got it working on WIN10 now....
Removed and reinstalled IExplorer11 from "add/remove windows components" (control panel)
Reset internet settings (advanced)
Removed IE11 to edge redirection: renamed C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\113.0.1774.57\BHO\ie_to_edge_stub.exe to something else.
Uninstalled hikvision plugin (control panel) and reinstalled when asked after IE11 hikvision NVR browsing.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Well , I got it working on WIN10 now....
Removed and reinstalled IExplorer11 from "add/remove windows components" (control panel)
Reset internet settings (advanced)
Removed IE11 to edge redirection: renamed C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\113.0.1774.57\BHO\ie_to_edge_stub.exe to something else.
Uninstalled hikvision plugin (control panel) and reinstalled when asked after IE11 hikvision NVR browsing.
I'm not laughing AT you, I'm laughing WITH you. That's if you're laughing.

It just seems so comical. It's easier to play retrogames from the 386 era than it is to have a live view on a modern camera, it seems! lolol

digiteltlc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You know...
We are talking about a big company producing and selling millions of cameras worldwide, with many new models per year, so they surely don't care about old HW/SW issues (and browsers are changing quickly, mostly in security perspective).
Need something working and safely ? Buy new products !
I looked at few cameras "latest" firmware on Hik website, they are stuck at 2018...