AI Deep Stackstack

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm venturing into uncharted territory in BI. AI or DS wasn't around to my knowledge when I used BI at the old house. I'm using traditional zones and of course fighting the same things we always fight. Is this my next move? My backyard has 5 bassholes that wander the yard and I have to keep zones close to the walls. Is AI my next step? Will this answer this problem? How is reliability? Reading sounds like it is straightforward in setting up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that DS is deprecated in BI now and it moved to CodeProject, so you would be better off going to that.

Many have found AI to be great, but like anything YMMV and your field of view plays a big factor in the reliability. Mine is spot on.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Keep in mind that DS is deprecated in BI now and it moved to CodeProject, so you would be better off going to that.

Many have found AI to be great, but like anything YMMV and your field of view plays a big factor in the reliability. Mine is spot on.
I have everything dialed in tight with varifocal cams. Does it have to be tight or wide?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tight should be good.

The mistake too many make is trying to use a wide angle 2.8mm to identify a cat at 60 feet out LOL.

If your focal lengths are such that you can IDENTIFY an object with your eye, then AI is usually really spot on.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome! I have everything set for facial recognition. I would love to not get dog alerts and have the cam alert when it sees a human anywhere in the yard asap.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah then you will be fine!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which cameras do you have? If they have built-in AI you might try that first?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which cameras do you have? If they have built-in AI you might try that first?

I have 4 new cameras that likely have AI. And 4 older starlight cams from probably 6 years ago that don't. Does AI in the cam talk to BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, you simply do the following:

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Trigger tab and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
  • On the alerts tab set up how to be notified

Last edited:
Reactions: Wen

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, you simply do the following:

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
  • On the alerts tab set up how to be notified
Looking for the digital input box in Motion. I don't see it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure within the camera GUI that you have Smart Plan enabled for IVS and then go into IVS and set the rule.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure within the camera GUI that you have Smart Plan enabled for IVS and then go into IVS and set the rule.
I may not have set that up correctly. I noticed that when I set things back to default and went back to zones for the time being.