AI @ Trigger vs. AI @ Alert

Mluck0315

n3wb
Reaction score
Long-time Blue Iris guy here, just starting to get into the AI features -- both CodeProject and ALPR. I'm trying to figure out two details:

1. How does the interplay work between required objects to Trigger versus required objects to Alert? Example: if "person" is required to Trigger, then (duh) the camera won't trigger unless person is confirmed to be in the frames. What happens, though, with a corresponding alert? If I don't specify anything for "Required AI objects" in an alert, does that mean I'll still only be alerted for "person" because only persons trigger the camera in the first place? Said differently, if I specified "person" as a required AI object, would it be the same as leaving that field blank?
  2. Unrelated to #1, if I have two alerts for a given camera that are the same in every respect, except one occurs when Required AI object is "car" and the other when Required AI object is "truck", then what happens with a Reset? Does each alert have its own respective reset with the same Required AI objects? What would happen if there's a single Reset with no Required AI objects specified?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited: