Alarm in/out wires info (problem with my IPC-B5442T-ASE)

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
What could happen if i don't use the Alarm wire of my IPC-B5442T-ASE ?? I explain better, i need to cover that wires so they will not touch each other and create some kind of contact/conflict/ground (I don't know how to say it in english), because i have a problem with this camera, it is going offline everytime.....Yesterday night it is going offline for about 1 minutes four times in random hours (like a restart).
Now it is going offline for about 20 minutes, until restart automatically.

EDIT: I take a look at my recording in playback,i saw a little gap in the recording, All my cameras restarted every 10 minutes. Before i use the IPC-B5442T-ASE i didn't have this problem.
EDIT2 : There is an option in my NVR called "AUTO LOGOUT" ...maybe is this the problem?

Could it be an H265 codec problem, or what?? I use an NVR4208-4KS2

Thank you

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Matt-one,

According to the review here, that cam has an Alarm in and Alarm out. If you're not using the wires, they should be covered, to prevent contact with other wires, the case, grounding, etc. I assume you're not using these alarm i/o signals....

I take a look at my recording in playback,i saw a little gap in the recording,
I get a short gap (about 1 sec) in playback video when an alarm event occurs. I believe it's due to the NVR closing the previous video file, and recording a new video file (for example, pushing the video clip to a phone). This overhead results in a gap, imho.
On an NVR screen, you can see a video file list in the playback menu screen. But nowhere near 1, 10 or 20 seconds.

There is an option in my NVR called "AUTO LOGOUT" ...maybe is this the problem?
No, unrelated.

Does the cam behave properly if/when you bench test it? This could rule out power issues or cabling problem. Maybe swap the cam for another, to rule out power and cabling issues.
Are you sure you don't have an ip conflict?
Idea: At night, check if the IR goes off when the camera locks up. You can view the IR leds by eye, or with your cell phone.
Maybe set up an "Off Line" alarm, to see if the NVR believes the camera isn't available.....

Good luck,
Fastb

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
According to the review here, that cam has an Alarm in and Alarm out. If you're not using the wires, they should be covered, to prevent contact with other wires, the case, grounding, etc. I assume you're not using these alarm i/o signals....
No, i'm not using them...but they are in a Plastic IP67 box, the only wire they can contact are themeselfs (they are 4 wires that can contact each other), however i will cover them tomorrow :)

I get a short gap (about 1 sec) in playback video when an alarm event occurs. I believe it's due to the NVR closing the previous video file, and recording a new video file (for example, pushing the video clip to a phone). This overhead results in a gap, imho.
On an NVR screen, you can see a video file list in the playback menu screen. But nowhere near 1, 10 or 20 seconds.
My gap are more longer from 1 to 2mins sometimes i saw 20min gap, i don't have any alarm, just recording (no motion detection or other thing).

Does the cam behave properly if/when you bench test it? This could rule out power issues or cabling problem. Maybe swap the cam for another, to rule out power and cabling issues.
Are you sure you don't have an ip conflict?
Idea: At night, check if the IR goes off when the camera locks up. You can view the IR leds by eye, or with your cell phone.
Maybe set up an "Off Line" alarm, to see if the NVR believes the camera isn't available.....
There was another camera before the new one, (i just changed the old camera with the new camera), the only test i did was see if the new camera power on, connect to my home network and record, then i set it to the stirrup and i configured it remotely.
I don't think i have ip conflict all the ip are statics and they are correct. Anyway if there is a conflict the camera didn't have to work, right?
My camera work at color not in B/W, but i can try with your method hehehe :)

FROM MY Asus DSL-AC68U i see the new camera in the online list (a list with all the hardwares connected to the router, such as phones, tv,pc etc.) and a message near the new camera : Two clients are connecting to DSL-AC68U through this device. What is this?

OT : How can i set push notifications? Just set an alarm and i will get the push notification?

THANK YOU FOR YOU REPLY :)

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have (3) B5442's. Two are working great. One is giving me problems similar to yours. It drops off for 20+ minutes at a time, sometimes longer.

I think its a firmware issue, Dahua is working on it.