Alarm Out -- Not working

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's what a regular reset does, it reset's most settings to default.
Be sure you do all setup for the cameras in their Web Interface using IE, SmartPSS can be buggy.
Also, setting up the cameras settings in the NVR doesn't always work correctly, so use the Cameras setup interface direct.
Someday, Dahua might fix this.
Yea to clarify, I don't set ANY camera settings in the NVR. They are ALL done directly via IP and IE to the cameras, I've been doing that since day 1. An NVR reset shouldn't reset configuration on a camera, but it basically hosed everything.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@JesseSR glad you got your fixed. I also have the NVR608-32 and I think I may have the same problem with ALARM OUT. Although I may be wiring wrong. How did you wire you alarm out connection? I only see Alarm In.

PXL_20220126_020146374.jpg

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Pulled the following from the manual:

NO1–NO8
C1–C8
Alarm output port 1–8
  • 8 groups of alarm output ports. (Group 1: port NO1–C1, Group 2: port NO2–C2, Group 3: port NO3–C3, Group 4: port NO4–C4.... Group 8: port NO8, C8). Output alarm signal to the alarm device. Please make sure there is power to the external alarm device.
  • NO: Normal open alarm output port.
  • C: Alarm output public end.
  • NC: Normal close alarm output port.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks SS. I read that manual, couldn't make heads or tails of it. Although this stuff is pretty new to me.

Must be firmware. If I hit manual in the ALARM OUT setting, it goes off.

Should I download newest firmware from the web or is there a place on here I need to download it?

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.18.01 PM.png

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A note on some issues I've had in the past with alarm outs. Double check to make sure that the NVR wasn't accidentally "disarmed" (the little red bell icon). Same on the APP. There's a couple of different areas where the alarms can be accidentally disarmed/disabled. Individual cameras as well.

I had another issue with alarms one time that I could not figure out for the life of me. The fix for me was I "disarmed" the bell icon, "rearmed" it, then rebooted the NVR and everything started working again.

JesseSR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Double check to make sure that the NVR wasn't accidentally "disarmed" (the little red bell icon). Same on the APP. There's a couple of different areas where the alarms can be accidentally disarmed/disabled. Individual cameras as well.
-confused- This makes no sense to me. Can you elaborate a bit further or provide screenshots showing what you're referring to?

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the nvr live view there is also a "bell" icon in upper right corner that turns alarms off or on if you click it.