Alarm out triggering Alarm in

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried googling this and reading the operations manual but couldn't find an answer.

I am curious if it is possible to trigger ALARM_IN on a camera from NO1/C1 on NVR? I can test this, just wanted to check with you guys before I break something expensive.

I'm trying to use a tripwire on a wedge camera to trigger audio linkage on a Color4K-X. The wedge camera sending the trigger doesn't have an ALARM_OUT wire so I was going to use NO1/C1 on NVR to trigger ALARM_IN on the Color4K-X.

IMG_5897.JPG

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes but your naming is around the other way.
You'd be triggering an alarm in to get an alarm out.
So I presume you mean an alarm in on the NVR and relay out on the camera.

Alarm in on the NVR is triggered by 'IN#' being connected to the ground terminal (G).
NO# and C# is the relay out.
A/B is something else, don't worry about it.
1649926643370.png

There's plenty more things on IPCT about relay out and alarm in... and already you've asked about this. The same naming applies to each device.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. Not exactly. I am trying to send a signal from the NVR to the Color4K-X. So my understanding would be using NO/C to accomplish this.

A & B are used for PTZ control from my reading of the manual. Dont need these.

The wedge camera will handle the processing for the IVS tripwire. The NVR will trigger the signal out to the Color4K-X. I am not sure where the ALARM IN on the NVR comes from. There is nothing to tie into the ALARM IN on the NVR. The wedge camera does not have any ALARM IN or OUT wires.

Here is a pic for clarity.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 10.14.41 AM.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah, that picture does better clarity. I thought you meant physical alarm_in into the NVR (not another camera doing an event).

I don't know what you mean in your diagram of literally connecting the relay of the NVR to the camera?
It's a network device... the NVR can tell the camera to activate a function (audible alarm). You shouldn't need any physical wiring to the alarm contacts.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I was going to directly connect the C/NO of the NVR to the camera to trigger a function on the Color4K-X via the ALARM_IN wire. This would send a signal when a particular condition is met. There appears to be no other way to do this.

I do not believe you can digitally trigger the functions of one camera from the actions of a separate camera using the NVR. At least not that I have found.