Alarm triggers and sound events

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to configure Blue Iris to play different sound files on (3) or more different speaker sets without sharing the same sound event through them all at the same time?

Example,

If someone triggers a camera near the front door, a TV sound will play. If someone triggers a camera near the garage door a radio sound will play, etc.

I’m currently using a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card and all my cameras are video only. Do I need additional PC Hardware?

Thanks

Tiger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you want the actual sound to play on the tv or your radio?

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly.

What I’m hoping to accomplish is having the flexibility of deploying three different speaker sets throughout the house. All of which are connected to my BI PC, but being able to see each set of deployed speakers as different output options inside the BI’s “Sound Alerts” menu.

Does this make sense?

Tiger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get what you want to do now but I dont think its possible, at least easily. Here are two possible solutions I though of and im sure others can give you even better ideas.
1) Take two old cell phones and install the mobile app. Then create two separate user names in blue iris, cell 1 and cell 2. Put each camera in a separate group, on called cell 1, and one called cell 2. Then connect the cell phones to your audio source. You can select various ring tones on each.

2) Since Blue iris can trigger a sealevel device you may be able to rig something up. http://www.sealevel.com/store/8112-usb-to-4-optically-isolated-inputs-4-form-c-relay-outputs-digital-interface-adapter.html

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman.

That’s what I call thinking outside the box. Not a bad idea, so long as you have some old phones lying around. Unfortunately, that I don’t have. What I’m really hoping for is some form of PC peripheral or software solution. This really could take BI to the next level of helping to prevent a break-in by virtue of using different sound files, etc. around the home.

Man, I wouldn't even know were to begin with the SeaLevel device. Any pointers on programing something like this for BI use?

Tiger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can pick up old phones really cheap 25-50 maybe even less...they could have bad ESNs (That would prevent them from being connected to a cellular service but you would not care) I have never used a Sealevel device..
You can also have blue iris trigger scripts etc. that could control home automation as in this post on cam-it...http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=3689.0
So if you have an outlet that can be triggered, you can set up an old radio in the on position....or trigger lights or both...

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, one of my close neighbors also mentioned using a camera's audio capabilities (if they have it). I'm running two Zmodo sPoE 720p 4-pack NVR's. These cams smoked the Swann equivalent at half the price, but audio isn't included :sad2:.

I liked your earlier idea about the cell phones. I was playing around with the idea of using a Bluetooth speakers set, but after installing the hardware/software I didn't see it listed as an individual Output sound source.

I'm going to do some research on my SB audio card. Below is a screen capture from with the Output source inside BI. I'm using default right now since my speakers are plugged into my PC monitor. May I can use one of these other options that my SB seems to offer.

Untitled.jpg

Tiger